Vanfurniture.co.uk U-Shaped Bed System

I'm miles away.. Suffolk buddy.
They were closed when i called them but will be calling them in the morning, they can send out swatches etc. so i'll let you know what they say in terms of lead times but the one i did get through to earlier said they have a 3 month back log on upholstery orders!

I ordered the l-shape version, it has arrived but I have a couple of issue that I am awaiting VF to come back to me (so far I have found them very helpful) now that it has arrived I am not sure how it is going to fit across the wheel arch though. I'm running it down the right and then the L across the tailgate, leaving a bit of room down the left for a thin unit. looking at the pics the L-shape looks like there is no cut out for the wheel arch. Will have to wait and see when I assemble. My issues are oversized holes for the door hinges and a few chips (I have them laminated in menthol). How easy was it to fit and any advice on fixings used to secure? Thanks

I ordered the l-shape version, it has arrived but I have a couple of issue that I am awaiting VF to come back to me (so far I have found them very helpful) now that it has arrived I am not sure how it is going to fit across the wheel arch though. I'm running it down the right and then the L across the tailgate, leaving a bit of room down the left for a thin unit. looking at the pics the L-shape looks like there is no cut out for the wheel arch. Will have to wait and see when I assemble. My issues are oversized holes for the door hinges and a few chips (I have them laminated in menthol). How easy was it to fit and any advice on fixings used to secure? Thanks
My kombi sliding bed from VF arrived today- just letting it reach room temperature before putting it together on Thursday ( it feels a bit damp)

138FB926-9F11-4EC8-8260-BFD47D275EB5.jpeg

Keep us posted how it goes. Can you check the pre drilled holes for the door hinges see if they look same as mine? The screws they suggest and supply aren’t suitable if like me you have the larger holes on the frame (right). You may need to source different screws ready for Thursday. Also I ordered new button catches to replace the brown/gold ones you get, not sure on the workaround ply keep for the catches so I’m hoping the new catches that come with a metal keep will fit.

B77F2F19-2131-4FA1-8CEC-D5D19E40BD5C.jpeg

Keep us posted how it goes. Can you check the pre drilled holes for the door hinges see if they look same as mine? The screws they suggest and supply aren’t suitable if like me you have the larger holes on the frame (right). You may need to source different screws ready for Thursday. Also I ordered new button catches to replace the brown/gold ones you get, not sure on the workaround ply keep for the catches so I’m hoping the new catches that come with a metal keep will fit.

View attachment 81869
Do they not need pluging like evo units

Some kitchen hinges come with mini plastic rawl plugs already attached - have you checked the hinges?

View attachment 81869
sorry for the slow reply - Mine just has the large holes the hinge goes in, no other pre-drilled holes for the hinges, probably because the are just plain ply,

sorry for the slow reply - Mine just has the large holes the hinge goes in, no other pre-drilled holes for the hinges, probably because the are just plain ply,
Thanks is the large hole on the door or frame? The instructions show as on the frame, mine is on the door not sure it actually matters

So put my Van Furniture Kombi bed together today - instructions are easy to follow but you do need some basic diy skills and tools.

Not sure i'm totally sold on my plan to use the VF bed/bench and the two Kombi seats as my bed as I wanted to be able to sit on the bed when in bench mode but its too high - some fettling needed I think

IMG-8384.JPGIMG-8390.JPGIMG-8387.JPG

The vans a swb, the two units were £260 plus delivery- I was going to make my own but just didn’t have time
Thanks, good price for van stuff, if they knew you had a VW would have been £2600 plus vat plus delivery :sneaky:

The larger holes required euro screws, just posting in case someone else needs this info. VF sent some in the post, great service, they are busy so it does take a while I’m between comms but that’s fine.

Back