Vanfurniture.co.uk U-Shaped Bed System

I cut ply to match the base and bolted in place using anchor points then screwed the seat base to the ply. My seats are the project 77 but similar design.

I cut ply to match the base and bolted in place using anchor points then screwed the seat base to the ply. My seats are the project 77 but similar design.
Mine will be temporary, so would rather not buy another sheet of ply if I can do without.

So I’ve found that the weight of the units stop them moving about on the rubber mat (they would probably slide about on a smooth floor). The two units are bolted together which also helps stop them moving and they pushed quite tight to the middle seats. I have then fixed them to one of the tie down points by the back door. I may add further tie down points at some stage View attachment 118217
That looks a good solution. Mine is a panel van not Kombi so hope some of the other points will match up.

I'm now trying to find someone to cover them.. Its a nightmare finding the right fabric..

Repainted the units, all blue made them look too IKEA. Added some dark grey T-trim, ordered some foam seating to cover the kombi seats, just waiting on covers for the foam.

View attachment 83662

View attachment 83661

View attachment 83659

View attachment 83660

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm looking on the foam superstore website that I think you bought your foam from. However Im struggling to find the "Luxury Reflex Foam".

Is it this one:

FS40 Luxury Grey Reflex Foam

Lastly is 75mm (3") really enough or if you had room(height wise for sitting on) would you have gone thicker?

Thanks

Hi, I bought my covers from foam superstore (your link) but my foam from gb foam direct, luxury firm sofa foam 39H. I have found 3 inches to be enough but for me at 5 foot 11 there’s not enough headroom to sit up right so I guess if you wanted to go thicker it wouldn’t matter too much as headroom is limited anyway

@Skyliner33 we are all trying to live in such a tiny space .......... my V. F. pull out 3 section bed is 16 inch ( 41cm ) high ... i went with 5 inch thick firm foam .. the back cushion sits up on its own against side wall and i just about clear ceiling hight @ 5".9

sorry cant help with where the foam came from as mine was supplied and made by David Powell upholstery Based next door to Combe valley campers near Hastings

Nick

Thanks, did you opt for the Dacron and Stockinette?

Thanks, Im not geting the Kombi bed, my bed will be 11cm lower so should give me more seating room. As above, did you get Dacron and Stockinette?
I bought both stockinette and Dacron

The important thing for me is to be able to take them out when needs be as I still use it as a van
I just received my VanFurniture standard pull out bed. Unfortunately none of the OEM tie down points are anywhere near close enough to the bed uprights to be used to fasten the furniture to the van. I have a rubber floor at the moment and also want the bed to be removable. I hope I can wok out a way or I seem to have bought a lots of expensive firewood :(

I just received my VanFurniture standard pull out bed. Unfortunately none of the OEM tie down points are anywhere near close enough to the bed uprights to be used to fasten the furniture to the van. I have a rubber floor at the moment and also want the bed to be removable. I hope I can wok out a way or I seem to have bought a lots of expensive firewood :(
Is it open bottomed? What about making a ply floor and extending to the pick up points?

Is it open bottomed? What about making a ply floor and extending to the pick up points?
This is how I fixed my Kombi pod from VF into mine. Ply floor fixed to the load lash points, then pod fixed to ply floor. Can all be removed back to OEM if needed.

C522DEFD-C799-4C1E-BDC6-785532A5419E.jpeg

5D04B5E2-BB53-407C-9645-D76BBE917AC1.jpeg

B8E7F376-BF7C-4263-BFC2-F248AAE1E197.jpeg

It's this one:

View attachment 122542

The ply would be so big I might as well put a full ply floor in.
Does it have any lashing points within the unit itself? You could fix a base piece (or even a corner triangle) into the unit and drill a hole in that and mount to the van with longer bolts. Be in and out in seconds with a cordless drill and a socket.
Also, cushions. You should have had a sit in mine at weekend. I’ve got 3” foam and is comfy to sit on and also to sleep on as a bed.
I have a contact for the upholsterer that did mine. Only in Stalybridge.

42B5D66F-1535-48DA-B640-9358722112B6.jpeg

Does it have any lashing points within the unit itself? You could fix a base piece (or even a corner triangle) into the unit and drill a hole in that and mount to the van with longer bolts. Be in and out in seconds with a cordless drill and a socket.
Also, cushions. You should have had a sit in mine at weekend. I’ve got 3” foam and is comfy to sit on and also to sleep on as a bed.
I have a contact for the upholsterer that did mine. Only in Stalybridge.

View attachment 122551
No lashing points in the unit itself unfortunately. The ones in the van floor are miles away from where they would need to be or are on the outside of the sliding part of the bed so cant use them anyway

I would just lash it down while travelling - couple of 1” ratchet straps and once parked up just take them off. They look well made cabinets and it would be a shame to discount them for the sake of a bit of lateral thinking?

Back