Interior full-length panelling U-shape

aidanhudd1878

VIP Member
Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of converting my T6.1 lwb panel van and trying to do most of it myself for my project. I've had a westdub pop top fitted, ply panels and carpeted thanks to Freedom Conversions with myself doing the sound deadening and insulation. I've also fitted the side windows at the front, and eventually aiming for the U-shape interior. I have the electrics planned and I'm confident of getting them done asap myself to then move on to buying interior.

My van so far... Wheels will be changed eventually! Money best spent getting the conversion done first.
my van.jpg

My offside interior so far...
offside interior.jpg

I'm looking at the vanfurniture.co.uk u-shape bed system (White Laminated Ply VW T5 T6 U Shape Bed System — Van Furniture).
kitchen unit, sink + hob + fridge beneath the window in the pic and then u-shape benches over the wheel arches and across the barn doors that'll fold into the bed.

Although, my question is, I would like a nice, smart panel around the window and a blind and the panel then going the full length of the van towards the rear where it would fit flush with the u-shape bench that will fit over the wheel arch. I think this would look so much better and reduce the amount of carpet on show.

But I am struggling to find this panel on its own and for me to select my own taste and colour/finish for me to purchase and fit myself.

It's pretty common to be fair on the more regular style with the wardrobe at the rear but then not as common on the u-shape. I maybe missing it online in a very obvious place or if anyone could shed some light on this full length window panel and where i can look at different designs for me to choose to plan my furniture than would be great.

Here is a photo of something I'm looking for (Molly & Tom VW Transporter SWB | U Shape Furniture | 4 Berth Campervan - Rock 'n' Roll Campers)
window panel.jpg

Any information at all on this would be great!

Thank you :)

Aidan

Last edited:
Reactions: CAB
Back