Van And Watch

G Shock M5610 is the current favourite beater watch. Looks cool but OK to take on holiday and not care about & circa £100!92F9A1AF-CB56-4268-9E0A-F65CB61EFED8.jpeg

I'm just glad I'm not alone with my watch addiction (but I'm sort of in recovery now). I've collected / hoarded the things since I was a teenager and had about 30 including another Rolex (Explorer), a couple of vintage Heuers (but none of this modern Tag nonsense;)), Omegas and a Doxa until a few years ago when I sold most of them off. Nowadays, It's down to 5:

I'm very happy to be a part of the GShock club. I've had this since around 2009 and it's used mainly for when I'm cycling or out running (the latter is only occasionally and quite slowly!). It's had one replacement OEM strap but when it started going, I replaced it with a pair of adapters to use a NATO strap which I much prefer. Solar powered and radio control, what's not to like?
GShock.jpg
The watch that I wear every day is a Rolex Submariner bought in 2010 as a retirement present for myself. TBH, I was reluctant at first to mention this one as people often slag Rolex wearers off (usually prefixed by something like 'I can't understand why somebody pays for a Rolex when £10 quartz watch tells better time ........) but I love it.
Sub.jpg
Next up is a Breitling Ocean which I bought in Schipol Duty Free around 1988 - TBH, it doesn't get a lot of wear but I do swap it out for the Submariner every now and then. I mainly keep it out of sentiment as I bought it with money left to me by my mum.
Breitling.jpg
A Luminox Navy Seal from around 2004. The only downside is it's a quartz movement which needs a battery replacement every 10 years but that's supposed to be the life if it's used all the time. Nowadays, I only really wear mine when travelling to places that might not be quite a safe as home and always pull the winder when it's in the safe (the original battery was replaced last year but the watch was still ticking away nicely before then). The hands and face uses tiny bottles of gas (might be tritium) which are permanently luminescent.
Luminox.jpg
Last but not least an automatic Seiko Prospex Samurai Save The Ocean (Great White Special Edition) which might just be the longest ever name for a watch. I've always liked Seiko dive watches and reckon they're one of the best 'bang for buck' watches you can buy. I only got this one in 2020 and it's used as a 'travel watch' alongside the Luminox.
Seiko.jpg

Last edited:
I'll play since I have many hobbies and watches is one of them. I have a small collection. This is my most extravagant piece as, let's be honest, running a T6 takes up all the money I'd normally have for buying A Lange & Sohne watches ;-)

As you can see, photography is not a hobby of mine. I've managed to get neither the watch nor the van in focus, but my arm looks really sharp.

watch.JPG

I'm just glad I'm not alone with my watch addiction (but I'm sort of in recovery now). I've collected / hoarded the things since I was a teenager and had about 30 including another Rolex (Explorer), a couple of vintage Heuers (but none of this modern Tag nonsense;)), Omegas and a Doxa until a few years ago when I sold most of them off. Nowadays, It's down to 5:

I'm very happy to be a part of the GShock club. I've had this since around 2009 and it's used mainly for when I'm cycling or out running (the latter is only occasionally and quite slowly!). It's had one replacement OEM strap but when it started going, I replaced it with a pair of adapters to use a NATO strap which I much prefer. Solar powered and radio control, what's not to like?
View attachment 177176
The watch that I wear every day is a Rolex Submariner. TBH, I was reluctant at first to mention this one as people often slag Rolex wearers off (usually
prefixed by something like 'I can't understand why somebody pays for a Rolex when £10 quartz watch tells better time ........) but I love it.
View attachment 177177
Next up is a Breitling Ocean which I bought in Schipol Duty Free around 1988 - TBH, it doesn't get a lot of wear but I do swap it out for the Submariner every now and then. I mainly keep it out of sentiment as I bought it with money left to me by my mum.
View attachment 177178
A Luminox Navy Seal from around 2004. The only downside is it's a quartz movement which needs a battery replacement every 10 years but that's supposed to be the life if it's used all the time. Nowadays, I only really wear mine when travelling to places that might not be quite a safe as home and always pull the winder when it's in the safe (the original battery was replaced last year but the watch was still ticking away nicely before then). The hands and face uses tiny bottles of gas (might be tritium) which are permanently luminescent.
View attachment 177180
Last but not least an automatic Seiko Prospex Samurai Save The Ocean (Great White Special Edition) which might just be the longest ever name for a watch. I've always liked Seiko dive watches and reckon they're one of the best 'bang for buck' watches you can buy. I only got this one in 2020 and it's used as a 'travel watch' alongside the Luminox.
View attachment 177187
Like you, I bought a Rolex, but back in 1981 (£995.00) whilst serving in the Army. I sold/got last year for £9850.00 in Norwich and bought another Rolex. That's a great investment you have there. Enjoy.

I had a Damasko DA37 - great watch. Basically like yours without the bezel.
They use some great case hardening technology.

Pete

I had a Damasko DA37 - great watch. Basically like yours without the bezel.
They use some great case hardening technology.

Pete
Talking of case hardening, I've always wanted to get a Sinn with their tegamented submarine steel.

I'll play since I have many hobbies and watches is one of them. I have a small collection. This is my most extravagant piece as, let's be honest, running a T6 takes up all the money I'd normally have for buying A Lange & Sohne watches ;-)

As you can see, photography is not a hobby of mine. I've managed to get neither the watch nor the van in focus, but my arm looks really sharp.

View attachment 177358
Snap. Have a 20year old moonwatch as well. I love watches, have since I was a kid, you either like them or not. I feel naked without one. Weirdly never had a want for a Tag or Rolex like most do and I waer mine on my right wrist, hahah.

Have a few but the Omega is by far the best (gift from my dad who was lucky enough to win it).
Elliot Brown Holton is latest (procured by my brother).
Bought a 40yr old LeJour for my 40th, its an PD / Orfina style.
Dailys are usually Seiko crono's.

I really want a Bremont Arro or ALT P2 Jet, there lovely.

img_20181220_103339_993.jpg

img_20191207_122736_151.jpg

Back