Van And Watch

I have to confess I've never understood why people wear really expensive watches, each to their own...

Likewise. My grandfather was a watchmaker, and I was fascinated by them as a kid. I know there’s no real need for them these days, what with phones etc. But I do love a good watch.

This will lead back to watches, honestly....Our business is sewage. We use vacuum tankers as part of our work. We buy tankers made by a company called J H Larsen built in Denmark. When you visit their factory they say that if you run your bare hands over the tanker, all over the welds, valves anywhere...and get so much as a scratch you will be given the truck for nothing...FOC. The welds are as smooth as a babies ass. Their trucks will suck shit the same as any other truck but there is just something very satisfying knowing the care and attention to detail, as well as the extraordinary lengths of engineering knowledge that has gone into a product you own. If you buy some other makes your hands would get amputated they are so rough...What I really can't understand is the market for fakes????? Also, we are all prone to enjoying some quality tastes...VW or LDV? They both transport goods and people very well so whats the attraction to VW?

Not worn a Watch for 20yrs due to working in the Pharma Industry....and yes a mobile is great at telling the time....But have you ever avoided time pieces ( clock watching) And then you realise we are all driven by time....that’s why I enjoy my van it takes me to place’s that allow me to rise when Dawn knocks on the windows and enjoy the freedom to do as I please ( ok retired..but we all need to recharge our inner batteries)
As for Fakes ...the more you buy ..the more it fuels crime
LDV. Got a mention....in the early days we had the Sherpa ( mine was Grey with a roundel in the corner ) :D

Ps was gonna show my old Seiko .....but battery stopped in 2012

Not even sure it's even genuine - looks like a poor photo of a magazine page (and a very dodgy magazine at that). That said, I don't really want to look at it in any more detail to 100% confirm that opinion.

I love those SKXs and reckon that there probably the best bang for buck watch that you can buy nowadays.

Back