Evening entertainment

Steved55

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are planning an early spring trip in the van. My previous van - t5 - had an android head unit on which we could watch dvds. My current t6 we have upgraded the head unit to a discover (thanks @Dav-Tec ) but this will not play dvds. Any advice on a cheap solution to enable us to watch films of an evening? Can't spend every night in a pub!

I'm wall mounting an Ipad Pro 13 inch to the carpeted area with a USB port mounted behind it. Bridge your phone to it and stream away!

If you have a typical layout (RnR bed etc) then you can get swing out arms or other mounting methods

IMG_7517.JPEG

IMG_7517.JPEG

We are planning an early spring trip in the van. My previous van - t5 - had an android head unit on which we could watch dvds. My current t6 we have upgraded the head unit to a discover (thanks @Dav-Tec ) but this will not play dvds. Any advice on a cheap solution to enable us to watch films of an evening? Can't spend every night in a pub!
10/12" Tablet ?

youtube, bbc iplayer, itv-x, My5, 4od, etc etc

that any good to you?

thats what we do.

Amazon Fire tablets are generally very good value for money, even more so if you can wait until there is a sale event.

We use a combination of MakeMKV/Handbrake software to take a copy of the data off DVD and pop it on a 128gb micro SD in the tablet.

As an alternative we tend to roadtrip to apartments and take a Roku with us. If you have a TV and WiFi available (phone, 4G hotspot) a Roku gives you acces to most streaming and catch up very easily for not much money.

Thanks guys - am in the market for a new tablet - presumably then if I got enough memory I could download movies to watch if we were off grid or "roaming"?

Depends on the service and if it allows downloading - some mobile apps are not really that mobile and expect continuous high bandwidth WiFi...

If you go the Amazon route and have prime then, as you might expect, caching movies from their service is a reasonably smooth experience.

BBC iPlayer (and Sounds) also have a pretty smooth download experience for most material.

Back