Van And Watch

Ha, agreed but I’m not wearing my decent watch for stuff like mountain biking and DIY as it would get scratched to hell. Also it’s not very good at capturing ride information ;)

What year is your Sub?
I had my Datejust2 serviced at 4 years old and Rolex sent it back fully polished up, looking like brand new again. Not a cheap service, but that feature alone was worth the cost.

Last edited:
What year is your Sub?
I had my Datejust2 serviced at 4 years old and Rolex sent it back fully polished up, looking like brand new again. Not a cheap service, but that feature alone was worth the cost.
It’s just coming up to 3 years old so still young. My two previous Rolex’s, a Datejust and a GMT Master, weren’t serviced until they were around 8 years old and were starting to lose their gain time

If you want to make it look like new again, get a tin of the Brasso wadding polish. It does an amazing job and even takes out small scratches if you go at it. You will also be amazed at the effect it has on rings etc

Brasso Metal Polish 75g | Wilko

Last edited:
Cool can I ask how long you’ve had it, it’s the not being able to replace the batteries in them that’s putting me off.
Sorry for the delay in reply - I've had the Fenix about 18 months. Wasn't aware you cannot replace the battery, the rear of the watch is removable so I assumed it was. Having now read up on this Garmin say it is not 'user replaceable' but they can if you return it to them (not sure on the price). Expectation is that the battery will last over 5 years

Sorry for the delay in reply - I've had the Fenix about 18 months. Wasn't aware you cannot replace the battery, the rear of the watch is removable so I assumed it was. Having now read up on this Garmin say it is not 'user replaceable' but they can if you return it to them (not sure on the price). Expectation is that the battery will last over 5 years
Cheers fella was having a play with one in blacks the other day, I’m still not sold on one £340 is a lot for what it is. Yes the technology that goes into one but the overall quality doesn’t make me want to part with that much! Must be because a tight northerner lol.
I’m pushing me bets that the fenix 6 will be out next year might try and swipe a bargain.
The Etrex garmin will have to do for the time being :)

Back