V5 Documentation - DVLA Rule Change for Motor Caravan Reregistration June 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the chances of the government getting this sorted before my conversion is done in Feb?? (Maybe by 31st Jan?)

Motor caravan means motor caravan! :)

What is the chances of the government getting this sorted before my conversion is done in Feb?? (Maybe by 31st Jan?)

Motor caravan means motor caravan! :)
Budget isn’t until March anyway

Hi all I've just brought a t6 campervan and the same has happened to me I re applied without any success.i sent all the pictures and a letter from the company I brought the van from.

I really cannot be bothered to - I have a motor caravan, detailed as such on the V5. Note the body type has been changed from a van without windows.
I have just been pointing out how the requirements are being miss-read by a lot of people, the requirements have not changed just the enforcement. Back in the early days before this internet thing arrived we just drove to the local office and they either looked out of the window or walked down to the car park to see if it looked like a motor caravan and told you what was wrong - magazines had the list of requirements that we used, I presume that there is a hard copy at the DVLA somewhere that has never been published verbatim.

View attachment 48215

View attachment 48216

I'm sorry but it could be argued that the van in the pics looks like a high roof van with windows, whereas a van with a poptop more likely be a leisure vehicle inside, like the VW California which a majority are based on. If there's an obvious poptop roof attached then surely that alone would meet the change of external appearance policy and if the police could not differentiate between a van and camper due to something as blatant as a poptop, then they're possibly in the wrong job??

been through this a lot. Just register a concern/complaint with your local MP. Lodge a query with the DVLA and other agencies so they can see a lot of people are concerned about this...

I'm sorry but it could be argued that the van in the pics looks like a high roof van with windows, whereas a van with a poptop more likely be a leisure vehicle inside, like the VW California which a majority are based on. If there's an obvious poptop roof attached then surely that alone would meet the change of external appearance policy and if the police could not differentiate between a van and camper due to something as blatant as a poptop, then they're possibly in the wrong job??

Argue away then - this has been discussed to death in this thread. I personally would not notice a pop top on a van passing me as I am too busy driving to worry about such things. A high top is immediately noticeable. If you feel that your argument is so good take it up with the DVLA then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back