DVLA: Panel Van To Kombi Conversion

CarpyT6

Team Reflex Silver
T6 Guru
Hi guys, new T6 owner here, I've just got my hands on my new ride, T6 Kombi. Originally a panel van 3 seater. Has been converted to kombi with 2 side windows, tailgate window and now has 6 seats. The place i got it from said i dont need to inform DVLA about the conversion just insurance but having looked on the dvla website it states seating capacity changes need the log book to be ammended? A bit confused, can anyone shed any light on the situation??

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, yea thats what i suspected. Just confused me when was told not too as apparently people have been sending v5s off with changes and getting them back unchanged.

Thanks again

I changed mine from 9 to 8 seats (insurance £1k cheaper!!) and it was simple. One box to fill in on the V5 and a stamp. Took a little longer than normal to come back.

Thanks guys, I'll be sending the v5 back with the ammended seating capacity.

Interestingly all t6 Highlines whether panels or kombis said Van/side windows on the logbook. The t6.1 doesn’t. Not sure why it’s changed.

Interestingly all t6 Highlines whether panels or kombis said Van/side windows on the logbook. The t6.1 doesn’t. Not sure why it’s changed.

Yes I've just noticed that as i filled in the ammended seating capacity. Seems odd a panel van would be classed as window van? One less ammendement for them to make though i suppose.

Yes I've just noticed that as i filled in the ammended seating capacity. Seems odd a panel van would be classed as window van? One less ammendement for them to make though i suppose.
Mine is also a Kombi, 6 seater, T28 Highline, but although it’s van/side windows, it’s still falling under Light goods vehicle… restricting speed, even if I am converting it as camper

Back