The Annual T6F Pilgrimage to Bala Lake

I look forward to the show..
Ensure you have correct seating plan and Rish assesment for us.

I look forward to the show..
Ensure you have correct seating plan and Rish assesment for us.
It'll be like setting up a firework arena; everyone back far enough from the "fallout zone", with the addition of complimentary rain smocks like you get for the log flume at a theme park, which are "easy clean"!

Do most of you guys sleep in your vans when you go camping - basically am I the only idiot who would turn up at campsites in a van and then pitch a tent the size of a bus?!?!

No don't be silly you are ok in a tent! I have a bed fitted but will be pitching up a day tent for cooking in etc, so you won't be the only one!

I have a standard Kombi no bed no poptop and never been camping before dont own a tent or any camping kit at all, still not sure what im going to buy
We can help each other put tents up - to me to you to me to you lol
On arrival im going to scope out where all the members are parked and whos got the best cooker and loiter around them at meal times and tell the kids to put their sad faces on and rub their stomachs, i think it could work ?

Thinking about visiting you guys on Sunday just for the day , would this be ok . Would be good to meet some of the forum members .

Do most of you guys sleep in your vans when you go camping - basically am I the only idiot who would turn up at campsites in a van and then pitch a tent the size of a bus?!?!
We'll have a big ole tent attached to the side of the van which the kids will sleep in whilst me and the Mrs will be sleeping on the kombi bed in the back of the van.

Thinking about visiting you guys on Sunday just for the day , would this be ok . Would be good to meet some of the forum members .
The site charges £8 per day for day visiting vehicles. If the weather is nice bring any Kayaks, inflatables, etc., as there is direct access to the lake and river from site.

Sorry folks but we are booked to be camping elsewhere with our family - hope you all have a great time.

We'll have a big ole tent attached to the side of the van which the kids will sleep in whilst me and the Mrs will be sleeping on the kombi bed in the back of the van.

Now I know where to 'knock 'n' run'..:whistle:

I have a decent camping cooker but I think a BBQ could be a good idea? I will be heading down late Saturday afternoon as I have a work event to attend Saturday morning.
@Pauly when I went away last September if you remember, my awning broke and we had to sleep on the floor in the back of the Kombi as my bed wasn't ready in time! It was fine as we were on an inflatable matteress.
I now have a day tent instead of an awning and it's ace. I would get a couple of easy camp tents if I was you. They are cheap but good quality from what I can see from the day tent I have brought.

Thatnks for the advice, will be looking this week to see what i can find
I have found a small gas burner we bought for busfest last year that i forgot we had but its a cheapy cheap one from go outdoors was thinking about investing in a cadac unit that most here seem to rate

Thatnks for the advice, will be looking this week to see what i can find
I have found a small gas burner we bought for busfest last year that i forgot we had but its a cheapy cheap one from go outdoors was thinking about investing in a cadac unit that most here seem to rate
Apparently once you go Cadac you wont go back!!?? ;-)

Apparently once you go Cadac you wont go back!!?? ;-)
Seriously, after going through a host of different camp cooking solutions, I am a definite Cadac convert for camping. However, I was looking at the full range in a camping shop yesterday and really think that the Safari chef that a number of people seem to recommend would be too small for us (family of 3) - Grillogas is a much better size for us.

Back