TfL ULEZ status and compliance

I know but I’ve showed them that their website says it’s compliant but I need to prove it.
It was a drive if in a ulez area with out paying the charge.

It’s like talking to a wall TFL
I tried to pay a daily ulez charge yesterday online to see what would happen it says my vehicle is compliant so I don’t need to pay to drive in London
My van is compliant !
But this didn’t stop tfl hitting me with £180 fine
And 4 weeks of getting no where with them

is it definitely a charge for you entering the ULEZ zone in your T6, and not for the Congestion Charge zone in the City / Prohibition charge for the Rotherhithe?

If your van is definitely Euro6 compliant (it sounds like it is) and it’s a fine from TfL saying you’re not Euro6 compliant (and the fine is for you driving your T6, not your T5.1, from the period where you informed DVLA of the plate changeover) then I’d personally let TfL attempt to prove it at court; the burden will be on them to prove you've broken the law, and your government issued V5C will show they’re incorrect.

It sounds like their website has conflicting details of your registration, issuing fines for what it thinks is your former van - which I’m guessing wasn’t ULEZ Euro6 compliant. Your logbook would show the error they are making.. providing it is correctly showing that you’ve put your private plate on the T6 now.

Maybe a scan / photograph of your T6 logbook showing the emissions data etc (with personal details redacted) will help us clarify, along with a scan / photocopy of these letters they’ve sent (again with your name and address redacted).

I contacted TfL about two motors of mine that were showing non-compatibility and they responded within a few weeks to tell me they had updated their database
Here is there response to one of them:
IMG_3978.jpeg

Thank you for your recent correspondence received 11 March 2021, about the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
Based on the information that you have provided we can confirm that your vehicle, registration WX54 is subject to the ULEZ and meets the emission standards. This means you do not have to pay the ULEZ charge to travel in the zone.

when you finally get TFL to change/update their information on your van, request a letter or email confirming they have done the info update, from then on, just ignore every ulez fine that comes though the door, which they probably will send. I’ve had this battle with a 2019 van and private plate, eventually they get their act together, they are totally useless and incompetent, good luck.

Last edited:
Some folks are going to have difficulty with that...

(Actually I think Frank is nearer Oldham, amazing guy)

I’ve got a Euro 6 T6.1 (he said smugly!:thumbsup:

Personally think it’s a stealth tax.
“We have to protect our citizens from the acrid pollution caused by vehicles. But if you pay, you’ll still be endangering the good citizens but that’s ok.”
What a load of guff!!! :mad:

Drive bumper to bumper and the reg plate can’t be read. Survival in numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Haha. That’s ULEZ compliant!
Bloody hell, I never thought to look it up but it is :slow rofl:

I assume they just don't bother with Q plates and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Which, you know, may suggest certain ways around the system...

I have two historic vehicles and a 2018 Euro 6 crafter.

All were shown as being ULEZ non compliant until after the THIRD set of emails to TFL.

It took them three weeks to correct their database.

If you think that you are compliant, tell them and keep a record. After all it is got THEM to prove your non compliance.

If you get a notice of a fine, repeat your case, charge your costs at £25 per email and £50 per snail mail letter.

Update from my POV…..

I started with VW commercial and they confirmed my T6 was compliant but they couldn’t do anything directly. They then gave me the details of how to get a CoC from VW. That was the slow bit tbh……maybe 3 weeks in total.

Once the email came through with the CoC info I scanned my V5, the next day I got a paper copy from VW so scanned that as well. This morning I sent that off via TfL and attached the dcos and within 4-5 hours I got an email back stating it is compliant. I have a PDF letter similar to the ones on this post already and just now I did the number plate checker online and that’s updated too!

All in all - bit of an unnecessary process really as it should be easier but all done now and no charges for me - at the moment - which is the result it should be

Paid my first ULEZ fee today (Euro 5) for driving into LHR airport for 10 minutes at 30MPH. Feels a bit perverse when the aircraft using the airport are spewing noxious gases over the surround inhabitants and the developers almost got permission to increase airport capacity.
All part of the moneygoround.
Personally I wouldn’t live within 50 miles of London if I were given a house.

i can see the ULEZ spreading all over the country at some point. . . ( some of our family managed to get the £2000 scrappage payout which worked well for them, others have stuck with the Euro5 and are now being charged daily)

major city's first . . . then rural.

are they still pushing for a ban on internal combustion by 2030 odd? - cant see that happening myself. - maybe 2040/2050?

+++

the Bladerunner ***** are now cutting down ULEZ cam poles with battery angle grinders, . . . and TFL just put a mobile van on that road till the camera is replaced. . . . so you now have people in dinosaurs costumes blocking the mobile cams. . .

WTH is going on in this world.

++

1697275168839.png1697275213221.png

major city's first . . . then rural.
If they can't justify the London ULEZ extension without deceit and lies, then there is zero justification for rural ULEZ. Still won't stop them though. :mad:

are they still pushing for a ban on internal combustion by 2030 odd? - cant see that happening myself. - maybe 2040/2050?
No proposal to ban existing ICE vehicles... yet - just the purchase of new ones.

WTH is going on in this world.
Khan!

Back