2016 66 reg but Euro 5?

Kaxxa

Hello - I’ve just bought a 66 registration Transporter. It checks as ULEZ compliant on the TfL website, but it’s actually a Euro 5 engine. I know that from the seller, various car check websites and the emissions values on the V5. I was told by the previous owner that it qualifies for Ulez despite being Euro 6 because of the Bluemotion Tech. Everything online confirmed that vans registered from Sep 2016 had to comply with Euro 6 standard or equivalent. I’m not actively seeking to start paying the Ulez charge - but I’ve got nagging doubts about why it’s Euro 5 and whether a TfL website update will turn it non compliant overnight. Does anyone know if VW got an exemption to register some Euro 5 engines in Sept 2016? Or whether it modified some of its old stock to meet the new standards? Many thanks.

Our T6 was manufactured on the 14th April 2016 and has no Adblue, it's a 140ps engine (CAAC) and is London LEZ & ULEZ compliant, it was first registered on 29th September 2016.

1708794670504.png

and other areas.

1708794822614.png
I guess there are quite a number of T6s that fell into this category and registration period.

Our T6 was manufactured on the 14th April 2016 and has no Adblue, it's a 140ps engine (CAAC) and is London LEZ & ULEZ compliant, it was first registered on 29th September 2016.

View attachment 230727

and other areas.

View attachment 230728
I guess there are quite a number of T6s that fell into this category and registration period.
My Euro 5 with bluemotion was registered
April 2016 but would charged ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My 16 plate is Euro 5 and chargeable. I'm making sure to stay clear of all them chargable cities!!!!!:D Big scam in IMHO.:D:D:D

Thanks for your messages. Does the V5 say when manufactured? I separately researched that there are such things as “derogations” for end of series vehicles. From what I can surmise, the manufacturers were given exceptions to register non Euro 6 diesels even with 66 plates as long as it wasn’t more than 10% of their sales….

I think ULEZ just takes any 66 reg and marks it as compliant as that was the legal cut off. But separately the VCA had given manufacturers various derogation loopholes to keep selling euro 5. Quite annoying.

Thanks for your messages. Does the V5 say when manufactured? I separately researched that there are such things as “derogations” for end of series vehicles. From what I can surmise, the manufacturers were given exceptions to register non Euro 6 diesels even with 66 plates as long as it wasn’t more than 10% of their sales….

No the V5C does not give a manufacturing date, as a quick answer drop me e PM with a picture of the VIN sticker on the door pillar. Otherwise drop @Pauly a copy of the VIN and he will send you a Car Data Print of your vehicle.

Back