Stuck adblue sensor???

Bulldogboy

Hi chaps, i previously overfilled my adblue, the display said 6500 miles to go, I've now done 600+ miles sincd overfilling, and its still saying 6500??
Going to France soon, dont want any questionmarks about anything before going in the van, whats going on as i thoufht it dropped in 500 mile increments, euro 6 engines are a pain in the arse!!

dont worry, mine recently took over 650 miles to drop 500 miles on the adblue counter, i think its just an estimate; for example you used to need to have over a quarter of a tank for a regen which uses up adblue, drive round with less than a quarter of a tank all the time means you would never do a regen so less adblue would be used - enjoy the trip

dont worry, mine recently took over 650 miles to drop 500 miles on the adblue counter, i think its just an estimate; for example you used to need to have over a quarter of a tank for a regen which uses up adblue, drive round with less than a quarter of a tank all the time means you would never do a regen so less adblue would be used - enjoy the trip
837 miles now, still saying 6500 miles to go.
I cant be exactly sure when i zero'd the mile counter, but id say I've done way more than 650 miles since overfilling it.

If you brimmed it then you have gone past the sensor, so it will need to use the contents of the filller neck and get below the sensor before it will start counting down. I wouldn’t worry about it. The sensor is ultra sonic in the AdBlue tank so there is nothing to get physically stuck.

I've booked mine in to VW Croydon for them to check the fault codes - they say they have never come across the counter resetting from 650 miles to no start, I'm sure they will see at the repaired wiring from some rodent damage I had and recommend replacing stuff but given that its worked fine for the last two years since I repaired it I'm sure its more software related or a failing sensor rather than the wiring.

So weird, last night im driving home, the sensor finally goes to 6000 miles, great i think, i get home, go to turn the ignition off, and its back to 6500!!?

Last edited:
So weird, last night im driving home, the sensor finally goes to 6000 miles, great i think, i get home, go to turn the ignition off, and its back to 6500!!?
Hi mate have you sorted your adblue range issue?...I'm having similar issues, like topped up the adblue tank normally, but the range in not resetting back to normal.

Yes mate, its finally sitting at 6000 miles to go, kept going from 6500 to 6000, and back again, presumably as it was borderline on the sensor, but i had like a moron filled it till it pissed out the cap, took over 1000 miles to drop! Never again lol.

Back