Euro6 V5 correction issue

Keith 81

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys first post so be gentle ,I've recently put a deposit down on aT6 to replace my 04 T5 really happy with van /seller everything checks out . As I live in Manchester and we have a ulez in some form incoming soon I was keen to have an eu6 van now it is eu6 has adblue and on all 3rd party ulez checkers comes up compliant but the DVLA /gov checkers have it as eu 5 ,it would of been one of the very first eu6 as it was registered in march 16 VW have confirmed it to me and all original build receipts state EU 6 .VW are going to give me a letter of conformity tomorrow also it seems there was on error upon first registration ? Has anyone had anything similar ,should I continue with the purchase tomorrow or move on ?

Thanks for any help

Keith

Hi Keith and welcome, sorry i cannot shed any light on your circumstance, but I would say if it was me if it does not show up as ULEZ compliant, and you require it to be so. I would probably pass it by and start my search again, it may be a real pain and a long journey to resolve. But that’s just me. :thumbsup:

Send a copy (not the original) of the letter of conformity to the DVLA to update your V5. They have massive delays, so don’t rush. Keep the original letter to challenge any ULEZ charge.

I put a private plate on my Cali and dvla immediately deleted my ULEZ compliance. Luckily I kept a copy of the original v5

Does the van you are looking at, definitely have the adblue filler under the fuel filler cap?

Yes mate it does I've been into VW and they have also given me a print out stating it's eu6

PXL_20220510_101854174.jpg

Send a copy (not the original) of the letter of conformity to the DVLA to update your V5. They have massive delays, so don’t rush. Keep the original letter to challenge any ULEZ charge.

I put a private plate on my Cali and dvla immediately deleted my ULEZ compliance. Luckily I kept a copy of the original v5
This has had a private plate on also could that have added to confusion

This has had a private plate on also could that have added to confusion
That would probably be what started it….there’s another thread on here about the issue. Irritatingly, in my case I sent them the old V5 (with ulez) and retention certificate….only for them to send me a new v5 (without ulez)!!!

Rang them up to discuss ….what a waste of space! The sooner they get slung out of their cushy wfh stupor as it’s all going online the better!!!

That would probably be what started it….there’s another thread on here about the issue. Irritatingly, in my case I sent them the old V5 (with ulez) and retention certificate….only for them to send me a new v5 (without ulez)!!!

Rang them up to discuss ….what a waste of space! The sooner they get slung out of their cushy wfh stupor as it’s all going online the better!!!
As long as I get the letter of conformity from VW is it easily doable other than the wait I'm probably not gonna be too worried about the ulez in Manchester for 12 months or more

The ULEZ website told me my ‘04 plate patrol Focus and ‘03 plate CBR were not compliant, but the Focus logbook showed it was, emissions-wise. Honda issued a Cert of Conformity for the bike upon request.

A quick email to TfL with a scan of the V5 for the Focus and a scan of the cert for the bike and the website was amended.

The ULEZ website told me my ‘04 plate patrol Focus and ‘03 plate CBR were not compliant, but the Focus logbook showed it was, emissions-wise. Honda issued a Cert of Conformity for the bike upon request.

A quick email to TfL with a scan of the V5 for the Focus and a scan of the cert for the bike and the website was amended.
I wonder if tfl would accept a scan of old and new v5 docs

My BMT / Adblue transporter fails the TfL ULEZ checker but passes on the independent sites. It has had a private plate put on it.

How do I get this corrected?

You need a letter of conformity by the manufacturer VW were very good in supplying mine I contacted the dealer it was first sold from and they sorted it out

Back