Help with air ride on t32 T6 for a daily reliability and practical help and information needed on wether its a route to go down from coil overs pros and cons any input greatly appreciated thanks

Help with air ride on t32 T6 for a daily reliability and practical help and information needed on wether its a route to go down from coil overs pros and cons any input greatly appreciated thanks
Had coilovers on daily's for years, took the plunge on bags, ill never have coliovers again. Comfortable, easy to use, no more scrapping. Like Salty said its just the initial cost.

Had coilovers on daily's for years, took the plunge on bags, ill never have coliovers again. Comfortable, easy to use, no more scrapping. Like Salty said its just the initial cost.
I have exactly the opposite view. Had bags on the last T6. Took them off and fitted coil overs. Best thing I did.

It was compressor noise i couldn't stand.

I dont want to type about the company in open forum.
No worries, I was just curious as to why you didn't get on with it. We have VB & love it. Saying that, the VB is definitely "Commercial" & not aimed at the lowering/modding end of the market. We'd certainly have it again on our next van.

Hey guys, hope someone picks this up, as i see its an old thread.

Seriously looking at getting a full air setup for our 22 T6.1 LWB camper, but struggling to find anyone who firstly fits the stuff and secondly a sensible price, as i had been told approx £5k fitted, but the cheapest quote so far is from CMC Campers who want £7k!! Is this right? Really want air for comfort, looks, leveling etc...

Seriously looking at getting a full air setup for our 22 T6.1 LWB camper, but struggling to find anyone who firstly fits the stuff and secondly a sensible price, as i had been told approx £5k fitted, but the cheapest quote so far is from CMC Campers who want £7k!! Is this right? Really want air for comfort, looks, leveling etc...
I spoke to A R Developments and they quoted £7k as well

Speak to the lowdown guys unless you want VB air and not the low stuff

Can you fit air-ride e.g. the one @The Van Cave is now offering WITHOUT cutting and chopping the van about? or do the lowdown boys just do that so that it will go even lower when aired out? It looks like the rear bumpstop mounts need lopping off and the front inner wing needs modifying. I've also seen mention of subframe being raised at the front.

All sounds abit scary

Thanks

Can you fit air-ride e.g. the one @The Van Cave is now offering WITHOUT cutting and chopping the van about? or do the lowdown boys just do that so that it will go even lower when aired out? It looks like the rear bumpstop mounts need lopping off and the front inner wing needs modifying. I've also seen mention of subframe being raised at the front.

All sounds abit scary

Thanks

With any air kit, regardless of how low it’s designed to go, the rear bump stops have to be trimmed so that the bags will fit, that one is unavoidable.

The front wing seam might need a trim, but nothing major.

At the rear, it’s usual to cut a notch for the rear shock and brake line so the van isn’t sat on them when aired out.

That all sounds scary, but it isn’t really once you see it. All cutting is done with care and finished properly to ensure no corrosion issues arise.

It’s easy to think that huge lumps of structurally integral parts are being ripped out and thrown in the skip, but for a normal install that isn’t the reality at all.

Sub frame raise etc is not necessary, unless you want to get the last little bit of drop when aired out.

The inner front wing area can be left alone unless you’re trying to air out as low as possible.

I won’t be offering sub frame raises, or any of the other more extreme mods.

Cheers.

Back