With any air kit, regardless of how low it’s designed to go, the rear bump stops have to be trimmed so that the bags will fit, that one is unavoidable.

The front wing seam might need a trim, but nothing major.

At the rear, it’s usual to cut a notch for the rear shock and brake line so the van isn’t sat on them when aired out.

That all sounds scary, but it isn’t really once you see it. All cutting is done with care and finished properly to ensure no corrosion issues arise.

It’s easy to think that huge lumps of structurally integral parts are being ripped out and thrown in the skip, but for a normal install that isn’t the reality at all.

Sub frame raise etc is not necessary, unless you want to get the last little bit of drop when aired out.

The inner front wing area can be left alone unless you’re trying to air out as low as possible.

I won’t be offering sub frame raises, or any of the other more extreme mods.

Cheers.
Thanks for clarifying @The Van Cave :thumbsup:

Anyone know anywhere near to Worcester who’s up for installing my airride to my new t6.1 sportline I just received this week..

Hi guys I'm team air ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Have the accuair elevel with abp struts etc by plush. Just wanted to pick anyone's brain. I'm not long had the van so I've only drive it around 3 times in the dark and straight away I noticed the lights pointing way to low but when the rear is lowered inch by inch it gets to certain point where the lights with auto level to the correct height. I'm just wondering if there is any solutions with those that have led auto level lights.

I've started it at ride height with lights off but they always level down.

I'm having to drive around mostly in high beam just to see ahead.

All the sensor arms are ok and not broken

Thanks in advance.

FB0F7CC1-5E46-4FD1-95B4-05B9E4B61CD5.jpeg

5C83F1AA-EE62-4590-A1AF-6D0270647F93.jpeg

13E48B5A-2499-45F6-AD60-F2E031FD6595.jpeg

Hi guys I'm team air ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Have the accuair elevel with abp struts etc by plush. Just wanted to pick anyone's brain. I'm not long had the van so I've only drive it around 3 times in the dark and straight away I noticed the lights pointing way to low but when the rear is lowered inch by inch it gets to certain point where the lights with auto level to the correct height. I'm just wondering if there is any solutions with those that have led auto level lights.

I've started it at ride height with lights off but they always level down.

I'm having to drive around mostly in high beam just to see ahead.

All the sensor arms are ok and not broken

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 181282

View attachment 181284

View attachment 181285
Five Plush a call as they will help you out.

Thanks for that, the door card pocket on my t6 is much bigger in width so using the old control mount I had to modify it to get it fitting. yours looks like it raised up more which looks much better

Reactions: Eli
Afternoon gents,
I'll an air ride fan boy, but on occasion i carry upto 750kgs in the back of the van.
How would air ride cope with this? and would it self level rather than riding arse down?

Afternoon gents,
I'll an air ride fan boy, but on occasion i carry upto 750kgs in the back of the van.
How would air ride cope with this? and would it self level rather than riding arse down?
Generally speaking if you go for a height based system you’ll have no trouble with the arse sagging when loaded.

I’m not sure about that amount of weight in the back, but I’ll check with the manufacturer and let you know.

Generally speaking if you go for a height based system you’ll have no trouble with the arse sagging when loaded.

I’m not sure about that amount of weight in the back, but I’ll check with the manufacturer and let you know.
Thanks @The Van Cave
I spoke to Luke at Plush and he offered up the following explanation (just for everyone's info).

All systems will lift and drop as high as each other. All the systems have 3 preset ride heights which you can save to whatever you desire (we usually do a speed bump/off road height, everyday driving height and a lowered cruising height)

System 1 is a pressure based system so although you get presets as explained above, pressure changes with temperature and load, therefore, giving you an accuracy threshold on a vehicle this size of about 15-20mm when scrolling between presets.

This is where system 2 and 3 see the advantages. They are both height based systems and the presets are not effected by temperature or load. Again the main differences between systems 2 and 3 are different interfaces. The touchpad on system 3 is a little more user friendly with bigger buttons. It also has active load levelling so it will monitor itself every 45 seconds and will adjust its height accordingly which system 2 does not. This meaning if you were to load the van in system 2 when the additional weight is added or removed you would need to press the preset command button again to accurately adjust itself to the desired height whereas system 3 does all of this for you automatically.

All systems come with a Bluetooth app to control the vehicle from your smart phone.

Back