o_O ok maybe back to the drawing board then. Decisions decisions...:thumbsup:
Here are some of the loads I’ve run.

18s best I wanted to run was a 92/95 front and 95/98 rear
19s was 96 all round 40 profile
20s were 92/95 front and 95/98 rear 35 profile
They are all give or take but in that area.

hope that helps your choice.

Here are some of the loads I’ve run.

18s best I wanted to run was a 92/95 front and 95/98 rear
19s was 96 all round 40 profile
20s were 92/95 front and 95/98 rear 35 profile
They are all give or take but in that area.

hope that helps your choice.
Thanks that's very helpful,
Is it the profile with tyres that makes it a pain to find load rated? Or is it the width? Just trying to get a better understanding. Because I use it as my daily drive and have the kids in I'm a bit reluctant to not have the tyres load rated. Maybe air isn't for me then. I'll carry on looking into it. Thanks again @Jayjmac

Hello all, really considering getting air for my van, looking at the abp, with acuair management setup. I hear people saying wheel choice becomes an issue with airride, is this down to widith of the wheels or is it size? Or both? I currently have Amarok Canteras with 15 mm spacers front and 20mm rear and 245 45 tyres, I was hoping to keep these if I did get air. Does anyone know if that will work or not?

Thanks
ABP. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

Thanks that's very helpful,
Is it the profile with tyres that makes it a pain to find load rated? Or is it the width? Just trying to get a better understanding. Because I use it as my daily drive and have the kids in I'm a bit reluctant to not have the tyres load rated. Maybe air isn't for me then. I'll carry on looking into it. Thanks again @Jayjmac
Don’t get me wrong it is possible.. but you won’t get that low air look without stretching a tyre over the alloy. Wider alloy wider tyre means more load rating but rubbing problems start to occur unless it’s stretched.

Don’t get me wrong it is possible.. but you won’t get that low air look without stretching a tyre over the alloy. Wider alloy wider tyre means more load rating but rubbing problems start to occur unless it’s stretched.
Oh ok, I wonder if I ditched the spacers it would probably look better but obviously that won't cure the look in terms of being stretched. I don't think I'd drive it mega low anyway probably about 110 120 ish, then just air out when parked etc.

I would look at the so low air options from lowdown transporters
Yea I've had a quote from Chris @ lowdown too, a more reasonable price. Most of the installers I've spoke to recommend getting the airride 3H or the acuair e level set up. Do you have any thoughts on which is a better setup?

Yea I've had a quote from Chris @ lowdown too, a more reasonable price. Most of the installers I've spoke to recommend getting the airride 3H or the acuair e level set up. Do you have any thoughts on which is a better setup?
If I had my time again I’d get the lowdown kit as the SoLow’s are super comfy, I’d go 3H, I’d get silencers on the air release, I’d get the quiet compressors and have them sprung or rubber mounted if that’s a thing :)

personally I have the 3P management with the 3/4 5 gallon tank and twin 444s. I like the controller on the 3P and 3H kits it’s digital so you can see your PSI also you have the app which is super helpful for levelling the van from outside. I’d love 3H but at the time it was all expensive and you can add it at a later date.
Oh ok, I wonder if I ditched the spacers it would probably look better but obviously that won't cure the look in terms of being stretched. I don't think I'd drive it mega low anyway probably about 110 120 ish, then just air out when parked etc.
I didn’t have a stretch on my canteras and ran them at 120mm with SoLows and 25mm spacer on the rear and 10mm front and they were fine. Even on air they were fine but that was a 235/40. I had to space the front due to rubbing on full lock.

Sounds like I've got a lot to think about then, I do like the idea of extra comfort with the Solows. I might have to have another chat with Chris then, they suggested most people don't really need the 3H, however plush and JPL both said pressure isn't as accurate as height when it comes to airride. As heat amoungst other factors alters pressure resulting in loss in ride height.

As above, worst company I have ever dealt with.
Good to know. I didn’t realise ABP was Plush.... I thought ABP was just a make of air suspension and Plush were the fitters. Like I said above, I’m not really into the Air scene so I’ll stay off this thread in future.... I’ll get me coat! :confused:

Last edited:
Good to know. I didn’t realise ABP was Plush.... I thought ABP was just a make of air suspension and Plush were the fitters. Like I said above, I’m not really into the Air scene so I’ll stay off this thread in future.... I’ll get me coat! :confused:
ABP = Air By Plush
So in a way you are right.

Back