Are you looking for photos of fully up vs fully aired out, or fully up vs ride height, or each of the 5 presents you can have on Airlift management?

I’ll have a play with mine tomorrow afternoon to get some photos and also let you have some reference measurements for how much lower than a standard van each setting is. Would that help?
Get a video on youtube, or wait till i come down and ill record one for you.

Are you looking for photos of fully up vs fully aired out, or fully up vs ride height, or each of the 5 presents you can have on Airlift management?

I’ll have a play with mine tomorrow afternoon to get some photos and also let you have some reference measurements for how much lower than a standard van each setting is. Would that help?
Fully up is really what I’m after cheers

I’ll get a photo and some measurements tomorrow, but it’s important to understand that fully up is really just for avoiding obstacles etc and not for day to day driving.

The pressures in the bags are really high when fully up and the ride is poor.

Is it much smoother ride than b14’s?? What the air ride like driving normally at either standard height or lowered? Some owner feedback would be good!!

Is it much smoother ride than b14’s?? What the air ride like driving normally at either standard height or lowered? Some owner feedback would be good!!
With air you need to understand the “spring” is the airbag, and is governed by air pressure.

You can, within reason, make it as comfortable or not by varying the air pressure.

The problem the van kits, and others like these have, is that the pressure also varies the height. If you want it low, you’ll not really have the firm sporty feel a coilover can give.

So is it generally a harder ride which ever height it’s set at?
I’m asking this as my current van is on b14’s but I’ve airlift kit to put on the van. I haven’t been in a van with air so I have nothing to compare it to !!

So is it generally a harder ride which ever height it’s set at?
I’m asking this as my current van is on b14’s but I’ve airlift kit to put on the van. I haven’t been in a van with air so I have nothing to compare it to !!
No, quite the opposite.

If it’s low (low air pressure) it will be very supple. To firm it up you increase the pressure (but this also raises it), to the point where you can get to quite high pressures and it can become very firm.

100% I’m on the 3P management and can manually change each corner or the 3H management will auto level for you.
The 3H will level the van body to the same position to the wheels on each corner automatically not level the van if the ground is not level right? This can be done manually using a spirit level in the same way for both 3P and 3H right?

The 3H will level the van body to the same position to the wheels on each corner automatically not level the van if the ground is not level right? This can be done manually using a spirit level in the same way for both 3P and 3H right?
Correct, it will level across an axle

Absolutely correct.

It’s so sensitive for 3H that my van regularly offends me. If I get out with the ignition on, it’ll let a bit of air out to account for the reduction in overall weight! :slow rofl:

Sorry I didn't get these measurements to you yesterday Chris, but I have managed to get round to it today. Brace yourself though, because you're going to see a picture of my van when it's dirty! I'm ashamed to be honest. :eek:

Top pic is fully up, wheel arch to wheel centre at the front is 390mm, so approx. 85mm lower than a standard van. The bottom edge of the front splitter is 163mm from the ground.

Then, and I know you didn't ask for this, but I just can't help myself, there's a pic of it aired out. It's 260mm at the back, 280mm at the front. I would need to get the grinder and welder out to get the front any lower, but I just don't have the time, plus I quite like the more level stance when it's aired out with a bit more tuck at the rear than the front.

Hope that helps fella.

IMG_4060.JPG

IMG_4062.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't get these measurements to you yesterday Chris, but I have managed to get round to it today. Brace yourself though, because you're going to see a picture of my van when it's dirty! I'm ashamed to be honest. :eek:

Top pic is fully up, wheel arch to wheel centre at the front is 390mm, so approx. 85mm lower than a standard van. The bottom edge of the front splitter is 163mm from the ground.

Then, and I know you didn't ask for this, but I just can't help myself, there's a pic of it aired out. It's 260mm at the back, 280mm at the front. I would need to get the grinder and welder out to get the front any lower, but I just don't have the time, plus I quite like the more level stance when it's aired out with a bit more tuck at the rear than the front.

Hope that helps fella.

View attachment 189511

View attachment 189512
Many thanks! That is a perfect response (although I can’t look at the photos for any sustained period of time because I don’t want to be reminded that you allow your van to get that dirty!;))

This means fully aired up your van is almost exactly where mine is with the H&R/koni setup. I thought it would be higher tbh, especially if it’s not great to drive at this height. So what height do you drive at?

Many thanks! That is a perfect response (although I can’t look at the photos for any sustained period of time because I don’t want to be reminded that you allow your van to get that dirty!;))

This means fully aired up your van is almost exactly where mine is with the H&R/koni setup. I thought it would be higher tbh, especially if it’s not great to drive at this height. So what height do you drive at?
My drive height is about 135mm lower than standard and rides very well. I have a “high” drive setting which is about 105mm down for getting on and off my drive and the difference in ride quality is small.

Solow air is designed specifically to run very low and air out even lower, it’s not really aimed at the 70-80mm ride height category.

Airlift Performance do a kit for T26/28/30 which I can supply and fit which has adjustable height platforms for the bags, a bit like a coilover kit, so you can set the range of height controlled by the air higher or lower. What that does mean though is that if you put the range higher it doesn’t air out as low. There’s always a compromise somewhere.

I’ve not fitted one yet, or driven one, so I’m not able to comment on ride quality.

Airlift Performance do a kit for T26/28/30 which I can supply and fit which has adjustable height platforms for the bags, a bit like a coilover kit, so you can set the range of height controlled by the air higher or lower. What that does mean though is that if you put the range higher it doesn’t air out as low. There’s always a compromise somewhere.
That’s interesting that there is finally a kit that separates air pressure and height, it’s always been a limitation of the transporter setups, being able to run low and firm.
How do they deal with the rears? Adjustable platforms for the bags? Or do they only have a front solution?

That’s interesting that there is finally a kit that separates air pressure and height, it’s always been a limitation of the transporter setups, being able to run low and firm.
How do they deal with the rears? Adjustable platforms for the bags? Or do they only have a front solution?
In all honesty I’m not sure. It’s only something I was chatting to them informally about earlier this week, but haven’t had a chance to dig deeper yet.

I will get more technical detail and then I’ll be able to feed back.

Back