Tailgate rattle

New2t6

T6 Pro
done 1000 miles in new kombi now and still can’t locate rattle coming from rear tailgate area.
First thought it was jack-removed-still rattling......then thought it was boot lid inner handle bumping against tailgate when going over bumps....nope.......I can only think it’s wires behind the panels not secured?
Likely?
Other suggestions appreciated.

Definitely inside? There are a number of plastic cover panels underneath front to back, heat shields, and spare wheel carrier ( worth checking the spare is there and not a loose empty carrier. There have been instances of These going missing.)

done 1000 miles in new kombi now and still can’t locate rattle coming from rear tailgate area.
First thought it was jack-removed-still rattling......then thought it was boot lid inner handle bumping against tailgate when going over bumps....nope.......I can only think it’s wires behind the panels not secured?
Likely?
Other suggestions appreciated.

I have gained a rattle/squeek since one of my staff borrowed it. Its weird as it seems to happen alot going around corners. Everything feels secure.

Just got back from my local stealership with this problem, which in mine had become really bad. Combination metallic creaking, rattling and knocking that got progressively worse. Literally sorted in 30 seconds (unusual for VWCS I know) by twisting anticlockwise two black plastic stops on the inside edges of the tailgate about halfway down. About one and quarter turns so they move outward and I now have a rattle/creak free van. I think this is the only time I have been to VW with a problem where they haven't shrugged their shoulders, which is a pleasant change.

@PukkaT6 if you're referring the the dealerships, feck alone only knows. If you're referring to the stops, apparently vans bed in and the stops are adjustable to sort this problem out, which was news to me.

The plastic wedge guides on my tailgate were causing horrible creaking noises. I ended up coating them in anti seize grease- not ideal I know, but certainly got rid of the noise!

Had a look again at thevthings mentioned....all seem secure. Not sure what bits you’re meaning @rmo69

Any chance of a pic at some point please

Perfect timing. I also have this noise and thought it was the jack. I shall check this out in the morning.

Back