Rear triple metallic rattling

Jonwm

T6 Pro
Evening all
I've seen a list on here about the rest factory kombi triple rattling and how to cure it but it's not worked so wandered if anyone else had cured it.

Basically rear triple with bulkhead and when driving alone it rattle over bumps, pot holes etc, it's a metallic clanging sound.
With passenger it either not there or hugely reduced so assuming it's the seat.

I tilted it and tesa taped the floor brackets and it's still did it, I removed the bulkhead and made it 10 times worse so guessing it's putting some pressure on the bench?

I'm at a loss and it's driving me mad, any suggestions would be more than welcome!

Pic to show the seat without bulkhead, when it's tilted it doesn't make any noise either so has to be something to do with the rear bits

20230522_133401.jpg

Hi there, we have the same problem with our triple rear bench seat rattling in our kombi. I've gone round the van either curing or managing to get the stereo to drown out most rattles and squeaks around the van but this 1 is very annoying. 95% certain it the hinge between the base and backrest, doesn't do it when folded flat or when someone sits in it - and my daughters need to go to school so can't carry them round all the time!! I do feel your pain

Hi there, we have the same problem with our triple rear bench seat rattling in our kombi. I've gone round the van either curing or managing to get the stereo to drown out most rattles and squeaks around the van but this 1 is very annoying. 95% certain it the hinge between the base and backrest, doesn't do it when folded flat or when someone sits in it - and my daughters need to go to school so can't carry them round all the time!! I do feel your pain
Makes sense actually, when the bulkhead is against it it's better than with no bulkhead and when flat or tilted forwards it's gone.

I feel I cure one rattle / squeak then another appears lol my drivers seat squeaks, I spray silicone spray under it and that sorts it for a few days at least :)

So quick update, carefully sprayed some silicone lubricant spray into the 2 middle hinges of the folding backrest, left it a day and did a usual 24 mile round trip where it would always rattle it bits off - night and day difference! Much, much quieter. Will monitor it now but worth a try if not tried already.

Try driving along a private road or car park with the doors/tailgate open - I thought my triple bench was the culprit but it was the tailgate. So I adjusted the stand offs and it cured it.

So quick update, carefully sprayed some silicone lubricant spray into the 2 middle hinges of the folding backrest, left it a day and did a usual 24 mile round trip where it would always rattle it bits off - night and day difference! Much, much quieter. Will monitor it now but worth a try if not tried already.
Tried this method and fingers crossed its much better, I sprayed the silicone spray in between the seats on the hinges for the back reast and its much better, I've not heard them make the noise yet.

Just to sort the side door rattle now and I might keep it ;)

Just keep an eye on it, been away over the weekend with kids and dog sat on the back seat, once they were out it started to rattle again but another quick spray and all good! My latest problem is a faulty drivers door lock causing the van to think the door is open when it's not - thus causing the central locking to not operate and can manually lock all the doors apart from the tailgate. Have an All-in plan from VW with warranty which should cover the door lock but my two local van centres can't get me in till the end of the month. Do I wait and get it done for free or pay £200+ to get it sorted sooner . Currently got a rope tied from the inner tailgate pull to the rear seat frame to stop it from being opened! Love this van but never a dull moment 1 way or the other!

Mine did this and It ended up being the ply board in the back of the backrests creaking against the rivets/seatbelt covers

Back