Table ideas

Personally i would go for a fold out leg type that secures to a wall mounted rail. If its to be used whilst travelling a free standing table could potentially be lethal, dont get me wrong one fixed to the wall could be lethal aswell but i would suggest having it fixed somewhere. The redwood and sequoia table legs are great but will require you to cut your rubber floor.

Hi @slidepods i have got to go to the office in Exeter next Thursday from Wadebridge so could go up A38, is it possible to pop in?

Best to book a slot with the office (should be fine but we always proritise customers who pre book)

Just had this done wen you remove the table it is fully carpeted lined behind. It looks better than the picture makes it look.

View attachment 14875

Hi @Dave F ,Your solution looks fab. Has the table leg been repositioned off centre to clear the sliding door strengthening lower beam? Thinking of including some cubby holes higher up for storage.

Hi @Dave F ,Your solution looks fab. Has the table leg been repositioned off centre to clear the sliding door strengthening lower beam? Thinking of including some cubby holes higher up for storage.
Yes it is I have attached pics of it and do the door hope this helps

3FA510B3-FAD0-490C-9328-BBD4DC37E147.jpeg

5A8B730C-7FBF-4EF1-BA12-A6113068E742.jpeg

Cheers @Dave F , that's very useful.
It’s hard to see but there is a lip at the bottom so you put the table into the top first and drop it Ito the bottom lip which holds it in place. That is why ther is a slight curve part in the side of the table do you can put your hand in to lift it in and out. It works well and look good to I think.

@Dave F , does the door card sit a little prouder than the standard card to accommodate the table or has the strengthening beam been cut back to reduce it's height? It's hard to see from your pic due to the black carpet.

@Dave F , does the door card sit a little prouder than the standard card to accommodate the table or has the strengthening beam been cut back to reduce it's height? It's hard to see from your pic due to the black carpet.
No it is normal and the post isn’t cut it is all built around it the table leg is let into the table to let it sit in. I have attached more photos if it helps.

34446C3B-FD78-4A27-982E-1B26B3984E87.jpeg

A10D988B-0AAD-40B8-A50E-DB33905FB933.jpeg

B1C78537-985F-4BBC-B792-330F0DC5D2D0.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@Dave F what did you make the door card out of

Cheers
Andy
I didn’t make it I had problems with my sca roof as it wasn’t fitted correctly when it was converted so I called New wave custom conversions in wales and he told me he could sort it out. When I was there I seen how he had created this door card and asked him if he would do it for my van. He wasn’t going to as it was only a option in his conversations but he then agreed to do it. His work shop and lads are amazing and if I done another van that’s where I am going to go. Sorry for the long winded answer

Well here we go. I think I'm happy with my 1st attempt so time to cover in carpet next.
Card made of 3.6mm external ply
A 4mm wide strip of ply applied around the table aperture to strengthen and provide additional width / space to enable the table to fit flush.
Finally, securing lips fitted top and bottom.
Just need a tidy up before carpeting.
May add a little storage at the top too..

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

Well here we go. I think I'm happy with my 1st attempt so time to cover in carpet next.
Card made of 3.6mm external ply
A 4mm wide strip of ply applied around the table aperture to strengthen and provide additional width / space to enable the table to fit flush.
Finally, securing lips fitted top and bottom.
Just need a tidy up before carpeting.
May add a little storage at the top too..

View attachment 25912

View attachment 25913

View attachment 25914

View attachment 25915

That looks well
Will you be carpet lining it

Andy

Back