Table ideas

Has anyone found an ingenious way of storing away the fiamma tripod table base? It’s a really awkward shape when folded!
Thanks
1665528115461.png

Well here we go. I think I'm happy with my 1st attempt so time to cover in carpet next.
Card made of 3.6mm external ply
A 4mm wide strip of ply applied around the table aperture to strengthen and provide additional width / space to enable the table to fit flush.
Finally, securing lips fitted top and bottom.
Just need a tidy up before carpeting.
May add a little storage at the top too..

View attachment 25912

View attachment 25913

View attachment 25914

View attachment 25915
This is brilliant. Did you just use a cardboard template first to work out the space/depth into the door then make the ply version? I fancy making one with storage pockets and I'm pretty sure I've got a spare ply panel lurking in the garage somewhere.

For the table aperture, I offered the table up to the door to work out the best position. I then measured the distances from the table to the edge of where the door card would be. Measure twice and cut once. As the door hasn’t enough space to accommodate the table, I added layers of ply to the door card. The card can’t be too proud or it will potentially catch the rear wheel arch.

Has anyone made a low table / portaloo storage unit ? Basically a box with a removable / hinged lid.

Has anyone made a low table / portaloo storage unit ? Basically a box with a removable / hinged lid.
I’ve made this unit/pod for my van - it’s not to house a sh1tbucket, but you could easily (I never find this stuff easy but I mean it would only be 4x aluminium corner profile and some furniture board the same as your van furniture) make a small box the same way and use a table top for the hinged lid - this is a 900x500 table top. It is probably the right sort of height at 480mm.

4DECED54-7A70-44B4-B368-7E8706AE9552.jpeg

I’ve made this unit/pod for my van - it’s not to house a sh1tbucket, but you could easily (I never find this stuff easy but I mean it would only be 4x aluminium corner profile and some furniture board the same as your van furniture) make a small box the same way and use a table top for the hinged lid - this is a 900x500 table top. It is probably the right sort of height at 480mm.

View attachment 191518
Thanks for that, yes that’s the type of solution I’m after. I will keep it portable so I can put it outside/in awning.

Has anyone seen a source of good folding legs? I'd like to make our clip on table into a standalone so we can use it out of the van as well as in but all the legs I see cost nearly as much as buying a whole table.

Has anyone seen a source of good folding legs? I'd like to make our clip on table into a standalone so we can use it out of the van as well as in but all the legs I see cost nearly as much as buying a whole table.
I suspect that’s the kind of daft thing where it would be cheaper to buy another table and take the legs of it. Hopefully I’m wrong.

I've made one up to fit a Porta Potti 335. Decided that I don't need now. Happy to sell on if interested. I'll post some pictures a bit later.

Back