Table ideas

Just my 2 pence worth.
As MBBSA shows above....we also use a free standing table.
Obviously foot, stand and table needs a place to live but it’s very versatile...
goes outside when weather good as can’t beat alfresco dining.

Just my 2 pence worth.
As MBBSA shows above....we also use a free standing table.
Obviously foot, stand and table needs a place to live but it’s very versatile...
goes outside when weather good as can’t beat alfresco dining.
What are you using ?

As MBSSA shows in his pictures.
Same foot, same post and just a rectangular veneered top.
Top spins on post easily so can move past it easily when in van.
Light so easy to move in and out of van for eating outside.
Very versatile.

As MBSSA shows in his pictures.
Same foot, same post and just a rectangular veneered top.
Top spins on post easily so can move past it easily when in van.
Light so easy to move in and out of van for eating outside.
Very versatile.
Great ill get looking.

Thanks @MBBSA managed to get the set today, looks like I will need to cut the leg down as it seems high when sat in the back. Also need to source a table top.

Thanks @MBBSA managed to get the set today, looks like I will need to cut the leg down as it seems high when sat in the back. Also need to source a table top.
I also had to cut mine down.
I just got a cheap bit of plywood then sanded and varnished it about 5 times for the top. Made a few templates for the top out of cardboard and mdf to try out different ideas and ended up with that. Didn’t want anything expensive as the kids would just wreck it. As it turned out I’m really pleased with the finish.

The standard leg is designed for the “hole in the floor” mount, hence being too high when on the tripod. We are tempted to get a second leg to cut down for use with the tripod outside.

I also had to cut mine down.
I just got a cheap bit of plywood then sanded and varnished it about 5 times for the top. Made a few templates for the top out of cardboard and mdf to try out different ideas and ended up with that. Didn’t want anything expensive as the kids would just wreck it. As it turned out I’m really pleased with the finish.
You've done a good job of the top, looks neat.

The standard leg is designed for the “hole in the floor” mount, hence being too high when on the tripod. We are tempted to get a second leg to cut down for use with the tripod outside.
I'm thinking of buying another leg myself, for the table that is :rofl:

Ours was done when we had it converted as part of the deal'
It matches cupboards etc.
A good chippy would do it for you as its only a laminated top with plastic edging.
Good luck.

So is it a HM requirement when you put in the required paperwork to change from Van to Camper/Motorhome that all converted vehicles such as VW transporters have a table that is a part of the vehicle, rather than carrying a table that can either be folded or rolled up ?

So is it a HM requirement when you put in the required paperwork to change from Van to Camper/Motorhome that all converted vehicles such as VW transporters have a table that is a part of the vehicle, rather than carrying a table that can either be folded or rolled up ?

I questioned this with my converter at the time.
He was categoric that it was irrelevant.

Hi all, hoping for some input from any California owners out there...

I've found a source for door cards that will allow the California system to fit to my LHD transporter (RH sliding door) but looking at the photo it looks like the mechanism is missing that would hold the door in place at the top (red circle). Would I need to get something else too? all answers greatly appreciated (oh, I also mailed with loc8 and they said a LHD model will likely be forthcoming in a few months)

upload_2018-1-31_11-44-59.png

thx in advance
Simon

I’d agree that it’s totally irrelevant, we had a new British built Motorhome not long ago, with free standing table
I also agree that it is a bit of an irrelevance but the Guidelines/law around conversion include:-
  • a seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle - the table may be detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It is not good enough to have a loose table
Converting a vehicle into a motorhome - GOV.UK

Back