Table ideas

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I'm having a table fitted when I have my kombi lined out........I haven't decided whether or not to have the table supported by a socket in the floor or a rail attached to the side wall with a leg that folds out. If I go for the socket in the floor, does it involve drilling through the floor????

Decisions, decisions!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going for a rail and small pear shaped table I've found on eBay. Yes I think the centre tables require drilling into the floor.

Check your messages.

Does anybody use or recommend the swing out tables that are fitted at the sliding door pillar ?

I went for the central table......they had to drill into the floor but they've been doing it long enough for them to know what they're doing. I wasn't too sure about letting them do it but glad I did now. The other tables weren't big enough.

@mopardave The issue I've got is, I only have the double seat swivel fitted as I want leisure battery fitting under the drivers seat, so I will benefit more with the seating arrangement having the table on the left hand side as it will cater for four people.

As I'll largely be using my twin slider Kombi with the single rear seat removed and swivels on both front seats I had hoped to use a door pillar bent table leg system on the driver's side, but seems the pillar is not wide enough for sufficient fixings, certainly for the Reimo version.

@stuart-t6 , looks like you are using yours mounted near side with only the double rear seat, does the table and swing geometry work for someone in passenger seat and someone on double seat without the latter having to perch sideways? Would save a lot of hassle with driver's seat swivel/handbrake clash, I'll only need a swivel on the pax side.

Looks like the table top swivels on the leg too (i.e. more versatile parallelogram action rather than just rotation around the leg foot anchor), also what's the dimensions of the table top please?

Thanks!

Last edited:
As I'll largely be using my twin slider Kombi with the single rear seat removed and swivels on both front seats I had hoped to use a door pillar bent table leg system on the driver's side, but seems the pillar is not wide enough for sufficient fixings, certainly for the Reimo version.

@stuart-t6 , looks like you are using yours mounted near side with only the double rear seat, does the table and swing geometry work for someone in passenger seat and someone on double seat without the latter having to perch sideways? Would save a lot of hassle with driver's seat swivel/handbrake clash, I'll only need a swivel on the pax side.

Looks like the table top swivels on the leg too (i.e. more versatile parallelogram action rather than just rotation around the leg foot anchor), also what's the dimensions of the table top please?

Thanks!
Hi yes the top swivels too so it will manipulate its self into many positions if I had a twin slider I would keep it permanently mounted along the near side sliding door as I have removed that seat.
I only have a passenger swivel as my leisure battery is under the drivers to I don't have the room for a swivel also the slight rocking that you can get from swivel bases would cause me OCD over load!
I will have to measure the table tomorrow but it is quite long it will serve the front passenger and middle rear seat perfectly for eating.

IMG_6766.JPG IMG_6764.JPG

I was tempted to get the one that fits to b pillar, but think the dog will knock it jumping in and out so I am going to go for a rail behind drivers seat I think.

Hi yes the top swivels too so it will manipulate its self into many positions if I had a twin slider I would keep it permanently mounted along the near side sliding door as I have removed that seat.
I only have a passenger swivel as my leisure battery is under the drivers to I don't have the room for a swivel also the slight rocking that you can get from swivel bases would cause me OCD over load!
I will have to measure the table tomorrow but it is quite long it will serve the front passenger and middle rear seat perfectly for eating.

View attachment 4749 View attachment 4750

Very useful text and pictures, thanks.

Jammy Dodgers and Lego, I remember the combination fondly.

I see you use a second leg to stop sagging, hadn't thought of that, clever. Reimo too?

Like you I have concerns about irritating wobble on the driver's seat. I assume it's a sport craft on the pax side and is acceptable to your young navigator?

Where did you source the table top? Seems larger than most off-the-net options.

Sorry for the delay all.
Reimo swivel table leg was from camperworks.
Table top that I still need to
Measure was from eBay about £30 ish and also the second leg was from eBay I think it was sold as a reimo leg it is quite good quality.
Re the swivel seat wobbles..
I have a rib passenger swivel base and albeit it is very strong and well made it has a slight flex so I made some nylon packers to stop that.
The main two that I have come across where the rib and sports craft although while looking at vans at the nec last year there where some lovey swivel seat bases with no flexing at all and I don't think they where either of them two but I would like to know what make they where.

Sorry for the delay all.
Reimo swivel table leg was from camperworks.
Table top that I still need to
Measure was from eBay about £30 ish and also the second leg was from eBay I think it was sold as a reimo leg it is quite good quality.
Re the swivel seat wobbles..
I have a rib passenger swivel base and albeit it is very strong and well made it has a slight flex so I made some nylon packers to stop that.
The main two that I have come across where the rib and sports craft although while looking at vans at the nec last year there where some lovey swivel seat bases with no flexing at all and I don't think they where either of them two but I would like to know what make they where.
Thanks for the info @stuart-t6 :thumbsup:

Back