Table ideas

Looking for neat ideas for having a table in a kombi? Something that maybe stores in the sliding door?

Later in the year funds permitting I want to get rails fitted by @slidepods so maybe there is a option to mount a table on those, but storage of the table is important. Does the Beach one store away in the door? Can't remember.

Any advice or pics would be great!

IMG_2334.JPG This is the Westfalia table that stores in the sliding door, think the Cali has something similar

Thanks, something that stows away in the door would be ideal, I won't be having a kitchen inside, prob just a @slidepods at the rear, so a table that can clip onto the door when up would be perfect.

Jonny @slidepods does an option for a table with the pod so may be worth asking him, you may be able to utilise his table ?

I'm just going through the process of reclassifying my van to a camper (or Motor Caravan) and DVLA seems to want the table to attach to the van somehow rather than just be freestanding. This may not be an issue for you, but I thought I'd mention it.

I have spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out a way to fit a table in the door, that is not free standing and that can be moved around inside my van to be usable from any of the seats to avoid needing 2 tables.
I have come up with a hybrid design, which isn't a cheap option, but does meet all my requirements.
The problem with the sliding door is the reinforcing bar across the middle which reduces the depth to which a table can be fitted. I didn't want to remove/modify this bar for obvious reasons. To fit the door unmodified this realistically restricts the table thickness to around 10mm as is used in the Loc8 table. The Loc8 table is freestanding though, so doesn't meet the reclassification rules as it stands.
I have used a Reimo U-Swivel Table Leg, combined with a decent clamp from Chippys Workshop. I removed 2 of the legs from one side of the Loc8 table and added the circular Reimo plate. This then created a 3 legged table which can be moved around the van and still stored in the Loc8 door card. The next stage is to create a bracket to allow the remaining 2 legs to fit onto the Reimo plate so the table can be used free-standing outside the van.
I have added some pics which will hopefully appear in this post.

Table 1.jpg

Table 2.jpg

Table 3.jpg

Table 4.jpg

Table 5.jpg

Table 6.jpg

Thanks looks good! As I would be ordering a slidepod which comes with a table, @slidepods have said they can fit a rail onto the sliding door that their table can slot onto, its just where to store said table!

That's a great solution Mccoatup, very neat :thumbsup:

This is the Westfalia setup in the door. There's also a folding frame to convert it to an outside table, which stores with 2 chairs in a bag attached to the tailgate (nowhere near as good as the Cali) but it's too cumbersome to fit in so I also have a little £10 picnic table I can put in if I think I'll need an outside tableFile 13-05-2017, 16 45 42.jpeg File 13-05-2017, 16 45 10.jpeg

Looking for neat ideas for having a table in a kombi? Something that maybe stores in the sliding door?

Later in the year funds permitting I want to get rails fitted by @slidepods so maybe there is a option to mount a table on those, but storage of the table is important. Does the Beach one store away in the door? Can't remember.

Any advice or pics would be great!

Just had this done wen you remove the table it is fully carpeted lined behind. It looks better than the picture makes it look.

IMG_0086.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good ideas here, Its definitely limited space with a kombi to find a suitable set up that fits between the gap.

Back