T6 Towbar Fitting - bumper supports?

Dai_namik

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, I want to fit a factory westfalia detachable towbar, I have a 67 plate lwb kombi with towbar prep, can anyone advise me on what exactly I will need to do it myself, I've read a little on it and seen posts on foam pieces for strengthening the bumper after removing the crash bar etc, but I'd like a 'parts list' and the right towbar, as it seems they have a quite a few option on their website. I have vcds also.
Sorry if this has been discussed before (many times I expect) but it seems like a minefield to me at the minute and I don't want to start to fit it and find I'm missing pieces
Thanks, Dai

Hi all, I want to fit a factory westfalia detachable towbar, I have a 67 plate lwb kombi with towbar prep, can anyone advise me on what exactly I will need to do it myself, I've read a little on it and seen posts on foam pieces for strengthening the bumper after removing the crash bar etc, but I'd like a 'parts list' and the right towbar, as it seems they have a quite a few option on their website. I have vcds also.
Sorry if this has been discussed before (many times I expect) but it seems like a minefield to me at the minute and I don't want to start to fit it and find I'm missing pieces
Thanks, Dai
Talk to PF Jones - my Cali had towbar prep and they supplied all the kit and fitting instructions

Probably worth mentioning I have electric tailgate, reverse sensors, reverse camera and a fuse box under the passenger seat

If they were factory fitted, the towbar prep will have been set up to accommodate those. But you have a VCDS to tweak anyway.

PF Jones sub out the fitting work, so it’s only as good as the fitter. I have no complaints about the work they did for me and it was as per the instructions

Which wiring kit did you use @Dai_namik?

Also where did you get your TT from?

I ordered the Westfalia today about 30 min before reading this post. Trying to see if I can cancel the order from PF and get the TT.

I bought it from towbars direct ‭01925 730005‬ the instruction for the wiring have 19270555cr written on the top and is for vans with trailer prep only, I'll check the box when I get in to see if that's the right number ;-)

Back