T6.1 Westfalia Towbar Fitting

Jon Sealey

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all, it’s probably been discussed a million times but I can’t find a definitive answer.

I’m wanting to add the westfalia towbar to my 21 plate t6.1 which according to the build sheet it has trailer prep from factory. So that ticks the easy box as such.

The question is around the removed crash bar and refitting the bumper …. Instructions say it may need extra parts as per diagram attached to re secure the rear bumper?? Has anyone done this and is it needed?

Cheers

IMG_4735.jpeg

I needed the foam pads that go on top. From memory there was something about only needing the plastic trim if you didn’t have rear seats / tailgate but it’s 4 years since I fitted mine so I could be completely wrong. Hopefully someone can confirm, otherwise take off your bumper and check if it’s already there?

Hi all, it’s probably been discussed a million times but I can’t find a definitive answer.

I’m wanting to add the westfalia towbar to my 21 plate t6.1 which according to the build sheet it has trailer prep from factory. So that ticks the easy box as such.

The question is around the removed crash bar and refitting the bumper …. Instructions say it may need extra parts as per diagram attached to re secure the rear bumper?? Has anyone done this and is it needed?

Cheers

View attachment 225478
Does this help?

Does this help?

Brill, thank you.

Back