That looks great, very discrete which is the look that I want.

Have you had a chance to zip the van up a dual carriageway at 70+? I'm hoping there won't be any additional road/wind noise with a pop top fitted.
Yeah drive it back from Leeds to Sunderland... no difference at all from what I can tell, still quite loud as I’ve not had the back done yet

That's good to know, I can't stand additional wind noise. I borrowed a T6 Highline a few months back with a roof rack, the wind noise was horrendous at speed.

My new van is being 'ultra soundproofed' whatever that means, so I'm hoping adding a Hi-Lo won't ruin this.

That's good to know, I can't stand additional wind noise. I borrowed a T6 Highline a few months back with a roof rack, the wind noise was horrendous at speed.

My new van is being 'ultra soundproofed' whatever that means, so I'm hoping adding a Hi-Lo won't ruin this.
Ultra soundproofed... who is doing it and what are they using haha

Ultra soundproofed... who is doing it and what are they using haha

Wessex Vans are doing my conversion, they fit Silentcoat I believe, but I'm not sure what else they do to make it 'ultra soundproofed'.

In 4 weeks time I suppose I'll find out, it's been a very slow wait, but at least we'll have it in time for a bit of camping at Easter :D

Yeah I like what Elliot does!!
I’ve had a few things off him and all have been spot on... I know he sportline splitter is a bit like marmite... even I hate it in some angles but preferred it over std, Abt or world of carbon

That’s the van dropped off at the install company... bye bye arch gap!

Mines going in this week to get it lifted up a bit... :thumbsdown:, been scrapping mud flaps and with a planned trip to Belgium and possibly Germany this summer I'd prefer a little more clearance.

I’ve been looking at thermarest mattresses instead for a bit extra comfort but with the space could just use a air bed haha

Yeah I’m getting one in the roof... going with some silver ones that dim and have a night time blue light. They are not as super slim and sleek as I was hoping but going with them and see how they go... worse case change in the future
double airbed does fit up there we used one at busfest for my lad to sleep in the hilo

Don’t think so. My order went in just before they started doing the ally frame. Your deposit to van doc is used to pay for the roof which he takes delivery of until it’s ready to be fitted.
Just seen this, worth asking... I put mine down as Aluminium but was going to consider steel if it failed the test. Went through fine so mine has the aluminium

Oh forgot to add the sportline pics before I went to the install company

E186A418-ED09-4713-B38A-FDA54EC9587E.jpeg

53EA80B7-C619-479E-A513-6672A8F0E909.jpeg

Just seen this, worth asking... I put mine down as Aluminium but was going to consider steel if it failed the test. Went through fine so mine has the aluminium
According to conversations with an installer, Hilo have not started marketing the alu frame yet and won’t do so till later in the year; probably as they need to sell the steel ones they have left over. I pointed out that they weren’t doing a great job of keeping it top secret considering I knew about it.

According to conversations with an installer, Hilo have not started marketing the alu frame yet and won’t do so till later in the year; probably as they need to sell the steel ones they have left over. I pointed out that they weren’t doing a great job of keeping it top secret considering I knew about it.
Speak to them direct, Kerri at Hilo confirmed I have the aluminium frame as it was requested.

Here’s a pic of the old tyres 245/45/20 103y which will clearly not work

Far from aired out too

5B7EFBF0-ABD8-4E60-A5C0-9B6D3E237BD6.jpeg

9EE702D1-FE18-4BF8-BD6B-FDCD99E3A2BB.jpeg

For future ref here are t32 brakes

Including the poke from the back of the brake disc

77E46326-16F1-4966-94AD-3B1D3FF44B02.jpeg

5CD1BD87-7EDA-43C3-93D3-5A9EC28AD9CE.jpeg

Back