T6 Delays

Looks a beauty mate, pearl white will look amazing in the sun.

Cant see why the insurance is funny about the paint! few more calls needed i think, try vw insurance.

Looks a beauty mate, pearl white will look amazing in the sun.

Cant see why the insurance is funny about the paint! few more calls needed i think, try vw insurance.
VW won't cover for carriage of goods lol it's a van for my work as a joiner

I had my old van insured with them for 3 years ,I am a Joiner .
This happened to my today while arranging 5 day courtesy cover on my new highline,I think the person has got me as a haulage courier
Cover for your own goods and stock is usual for normal cover as I have found out since so I think VW got the wrong idea

Direct line won't cover the van because it has pearlescent paint .......how mad is that

I had my old van insured with them for 3 years ,I am a Joiner .
They cover your own stuff but not if you carry someone else i.e. I asked what if I supply a door for a customer to fit in there house and was told the can't offer cover for that
Mad hey

I think most of the normal van type insurance is 'carriage of own goods' - if you want cover for moving other peoples stuff your into Haulage policy's.

I think most of the normal van type insurance is 'carriage of own goods' - if you want cover for moving other peoples stuff your into Haulage policy's.
There are three common types:

“Carriage of own goods” insurance is appropriate for trades people such as builders, plumbers, electricians, window cleaners and so on where the van’s contents belong to the owner and are being used for the work being carried out. The van’s contents will be tools and materials typically.

Haulage insurance is for people using their vans typically for a single drop load carried over a long distance. You will be carrying the goods on behalf of a third party who will be paying you specifically for this. Your insurance certificate will include a phrase saying that you are allowed to use the vehicle “for business purposes including the carriage of goods for hire or reward”. A couple of drops would be acceptable, but having several drops in a small area is regarded by insurance companies as a higher risk which will require courier insurance.

Courier insurance is similar to haulage, in that you are carrying other people’s goods for hire or reward, but it is expected that you will be using your van in a small area in a town or city to make many drops. You might be carrying parcels to local businesses or homes for instance.

The goods and tools being carried are typically not covered by the insurance. You need to take out a “goods in transit” insurance separately to cover the goods. Tradesmen can sometimes get tools cover as an optional extra on their public liability insurance.

If you allow your vehicle to be driven by someone else, or used for some other purpose, it will not be insured and in fact it will be being driven illegally.

Won't cover because it's 3 stage pearl paint. Horse crap. I used to be with them with a 3 stage pearl white.

Direct line were never the greatest to be honest.

From my painting experience silver is alot more work than a 3 stage pearl white.

Won't cover because it's 3 stage pearl paint. Horse crap. I used to be with them with a 3 stage pearl white.

Direct line were never the greatest to be honest.

From my painting experience silver is alot more work than a 3 stage pearl white.
I sometimes think it's down to the adviser on the end of the phone

Correct

Status P – Awaiting allocation
Status V – Allocation assigned
Status 00 – Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 – Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 – In transit

Might be an idea to stick all these in the reference area as I had no idea about any of this when I ordered mine, so I'm sure any other new buyers would find it handy to know?

Trying to remember the rest of them 32, 34, 36 ??
Port of exit
Port of entry
??

Anyone know ?

If it makes any difference mines currently code 39 :)
which according to the screen at the dealers it also says "Shipped" and "Grimsby" apparently the code changes to 40 once the van is on UK shores :thumbsup:

Not long to go now :D

Back