T6 Delays

I have not been out in it today, did like you, had a play setting some stuff up :).

How did you connect car net ?

I have not been out in it today, did like you, had a play setting some stuff up :).

How did you connect car net ?
Go to vw commercial web site and search
Car-net ,then you can set up your account
It's free ,then you get a code emailed .
Use your phone for Wi-Fi connection ,or buy a car stick .
Pretty straight forward.

Go to vw commercial web site and search
Car-net ,then you can set up your account
It's free ,then you get a code emailed .
Use your phone for Wi-Fi connection ,or buy a car stick .
Pretty straight forward.
We tried and tried with the phone (I Phone 6s on Voda), gave up, bought a VW Car Stick and "3" sim; plug and play working straight away.:)

We tried and tried with the phone (I Phone 6s on Voda), gave up, bought a VW Car Stick and "3" sim; plug and play working straight away.:)
How much do you pay for the 3 sim
I think I will get a car stick ,as I think car-net will use all my data .

I did try with my note 5 briefly but no joy, just though it was me being thick :unsure:

How much do you pay for the 3 sim
I think I will get a car stick ,as I think car-net will use all my data .
£30 for 12gb/12months. You can top up or just get a new card. It drives the Car Net, which if I'm honest is pretty pants; its not the same Car-Net you get with any other VW vehicle fitted with Discover-Pro, missing all the google earth/maps stuff.
What it does do really well is give you a Hot Spot to connect iPads/laptops etc to. It just times out after 20mins of the vehicle being turned of.

£30 for 12gb/12months. You can top up or just get a new card. It drives the Car Net, which if I'm honest is pretty pants; its not the same Car-Net you get with any other VW vehicle fitted with Discover-Pro, missing all the google earth/maps stuff.
What it does do really well is give you a Hot Spot to connect iPads/laptops etc to. It just times out after 20mins of the vehicle being turned of.
That's really interesting, I see it on the screen but haven't looked into what it does...As I will be using mine for business as a location vehicle/mobile office it would be great to have a laptop online. Have you speed tested your internet connection at all ?

That's really interesting, I see it on the screen but haven't looked into what it does...As I will be using mine for business as a location vehicle/mobile office it would be great to have a laptop online. Have you speed tested your internet connection at all ?
Yep, I was travelling at 85mph down the M1 yesterday, whilst watching Iplayer, and never buffered even once:)............. Oh, I seem to have misunderstood your post.o_Oo_O
No haven't speed tested it as such, but what I can defiantly say is that coverage has been superb; and you also get the 5bar signal strength indicator pop up on the Discover Media Plus. The signal strength is far better than our phones get (albeit the phones are "Voda", and the Sim is "3". I think the Car Stick has an amplified signal bit relating to the sim connectivity, using the external aerial in the wing mirror.
Really impressed with it. Every passenger we have who wish to connect have used it, and Pokoman has been hammered with it.
Usage wise, we have had it in about 10weeks, I haven't looked into the "3" account to check the usage, but it is still working:):)

Agree with @chriscroft coverage has been great 4g signal is stronger than on our phones must be boosted, not failed to get 4g anywhere yet even on holiday in Northumberland!

I have just read somewhere that you have to register within 90 days of ownership for car-net

@T6Chris status 20 is a confirmed build week. When you place an order with the dealer it is sent off to VW and they give it a status which on the day they get the order will be status 10. The build week they give is a little in the air at that moment. It will go to status 20 when VW deside they have the parts to build the van. Status 30 is what these guys are jumping about at the moment because their van is built and on it's way. :)
PS feel free to correct me guys if I have it wrong

Correct

Status P = Awaiting allocation
Status V = Allocation assigned
Status 00 = Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 = Factory ordered with production week
Status 20 = Factory ordered with confirmed build week
Status 30 = In transit from factory
Status 36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
Status 38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
Status 39 = Vehicle on ship
Status 40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port