T6 Delays

carlg

204 DSG Highline Kombi MY23
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I thought I would bring the thread on to here .
I spoke to my sale's man today ,he said my van is now on a new screen ,as if it was just ordered. Which he said was progress . He said fingers crossed there might be an update tomorrow as he said this normally happens on a Wednesday.
But he said it was now a 20 week delay for DSG orders ,but they are giving priority to older orders .
How are you getting on @StudleyGlass ,any news .

No not yet @carlg . My man is back tomorrow so are see what he says (email waiting for him ) hopefully picking up loner on Monday.
Hope we don't have wait 20 more weeks !!!

Last edited:
@carlg When did you first order? I ordered on 31-05-16 and they have given me a week 40 build date for a 150 DSG.

I have been told i can collect a loner on monday until i take delivery of mine. My guy says the system and build dates are updating ever day, so its just a wait and watch to see how my build date progresses.

He has just placed a order for a cali build today and its showing march next year for a build :(

I guess it's just a case of being patient as long as they don't start taking the mick... they said it's on a code 10 which means it can change... not set in stone until code 20 apparently

Thats true @Mojo, mine was ordered 1st april, i should have had it by now but the build was canceled due to dsg unavalible.
Hopefully im near the top of the que for a box now ;)

@Mojo I ordered 2nd of February ,should of been April/may delivery.I ordered Led lights and swivel seats which caused delays,then the engine change happend ,so now with those delays pushing it back now hit the dsg delays.

Are Caravelle orders experiencing the same delays?
As I said in my post before , my dealer placed a order for one last week and it was showing next year for build, hopefully it should come forward for you as thing get sorted

Are Caravelle orders experiencing the same delays?
@Connor think it all depends on what spec you order and what's on back order, when I ordered my caravelle I was told that dsg, power latching and swivel seats where delayed.
Luckily I didn't want any of these so my order went in on he 29th May and got a confirmed build for the 1st August, so fingers crossed I should take delivery sometime in September.

Collecting brand new combi on monday as soon as it been pdi checked, Loner until mine is built. Best it don't get damaged it 1500 excess ! Pi#$ take really but dont have a choice need some wheels now.

Mine is delayed until mid September. Just a standard panel van 150 highline with led goodness. No dsg. Ordered in March.
I won't get it until mid October as it's got to get the graphics added and rear cargo racking from Chipsaway.

At least I get a 66 plate and hopefully gives miltek time to develop a euro 6 exhaust and pendle gain euro 6 mapping experience.

And to top off the great news my t5.1 was rear ended yesterday and has completely caved in my tailgate and rear bumper bar. Nothing better than repairing vehicle bodywork for a living with a damaged van I cant repair.

The t6 best be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Yes no happy with the excess but they won'move on it . I will have another word on Monday, when I collect it .

@StudleyGlass ,I wanted to take loan van abroad,but dealer said it wasn't possible to take there vans abroad..So vw mobility got me a van from euopcar ,they wanted £500 excess ,but I changed my mind about going away in it as got a pannel van ,so excess is now £250 .

Ordered my SWB Kombi 150DSG with many goodies like LEDs, two sliding power latching doors, heated seats etc on June 28th and dealer informed me yesterday I have a build date of Week 39 which I believe is 26th Sep (fingers crossed it won't be changed)
After reading all your posts I was expecting it maybe end of year or even next year. Let's all hope they have sorted their shit out and we all start getting our new toys sooner rather than later..

Back