Volkswagen Transporter T6 Bulb/Lamp Types 21/08/2016

Listing of all lamp types for current T6 lineup including Kombi, California, Caravelle & Gen 6

1. T6 Forum

T6 Forum Member Admin Moderator

Pauly submitted a new resource:

Volkswagen Transporter T6 Bulb/Lamp Types - Listing of all lamp types for current T6 lineup including Kombi, California, Caravelle & Gen 6

Read more about this resource...

2. Jonathan Gleeson

Jonathan Gleeson New Member

Map
  3. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member VCDS User Admin Moderator

Map
    I havent done this personally but see no reason why it isnt possible, but i would advise you to do your research before buying anything
    Theres a good video on youtube about this that compares standard vs LED vs HID type lamps and the LEDs come off worse for light output/visiblity but do look cool during the day with a better light colour and remember to avoid upsetting the onboard systems they normally require a load resistor so they dont use any less power than the standard lamps

Rog363 likes this.
  4. Jonathan Gleeson

Jonathan Gleeson New Member

Map
    Thanks again.

5. T6 Forum

T6 Forum Member Admin Moderator

6. former member

former member Senior Member

A mate of mine recently bought a Kombi in the same hue as ours so it looks pretty similar but I noticed how different the headlights and DRLs are to ours (his are H4s) when he was behind me the other day. I wonder why VW made them so different for the Cali and Caravelle?

7. walnuts

walnuts Member VIP Member

@Pauly I've just been to change out the reverse bulb on my tailgated kombi (standard rear light cluster) and found that it is in fact a P21W, it's even marked as such on the backplate.

Just thought you'd want to know.

8. Stephen Hover

Stephen Hover New Member

Just a quick question, new member to the forum and am looking to upgrade my poor front lights. VW advised that I have no options! Please can someone advise as to the best option. Thanks in advance.

9. Pete C

Pete C T30 PV 102bhp converted to camper VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Look here - many threads on this

Electrics, Lighting, ICE, Security

Pete

10. Dilbert

Dilbert Just travelling... VIP Member T6 Pro

Map