Did you get a couple of spacers to fit onto those 2 mounting points? it photo there looks to something between splitter and bumper.

Love that spoiler and especially the end pieces the way they hug the side bumper - Unfortunately it seems that the NK tuning is now closed :cry: - need to try to track down a similiar style spoiler from somewhere

@Abx Nice splitter! Do I see a set of Judd T311R alloys. I’m hoping to get some. What colour are they?
Thanks and you certainly do, they are gun metal. Olly and Bognor Motors is your man if you are after set. I’ve applied a ceramic coating but still PITA to keep clean.

Thanks and you certainly do, they are gun metal. Olly and Bognor Motors is your man if you are after set. I’ve applied a ceramic coating but still PITA to keep clean.
Thanks for the info. I had hoped the gun metals would hide the dirt a bit more than standard ally.

Thanks for the info. I had hoped the gun metals would hide the dirt a bit more than standard ally.
It does to a degree but I find the brake dust on the OE pads is more brown that black so after a few hundred miles it does start show, probably more noticeable is the fact they are quite a high gloss wheels and go dull when you start to get a coating of brake dust.

Yes that is the one developed by vanworx, here is a link to prices painted/unpainted as the VW price is likely just primed. The blue grills strips are theirs too I think.

Looks good and think it suits the swamps look best.

Hi Tonto, if you have any images of the RDX front splitter (you've done in Indium Grey / Black) on the van - would really appreciate - just bought a 6.1 in Indium Grey and considering exact same combo. But can't decide between other front splitter alternatives.

Did you find mounting ok as the RDX is solid PU and heavier than a lot of the other Vanstyle type cheaper front splitters? Quality wise it pisses all over the alternatives.

All best

Ru

Hi rubuild, see attached - I decided to go with Indium grey and gloss black to tie in with the gloss black grills, I had enough paint from the rear spoiler so I asked the painter to do those end bits of the splitter. Regarding weight and strength, fitting was easy just four bolts (provided) into the underside of the bumper. I twatted a deer last year, grills, bumper and radiator smashed but the splitter stayed strong, it only chipped the corner off the mounting point underneath so all I did was re-drill the hole for the fixing bolt into the new bumper once it came back from the repair shop? Im washing it tomorrow so I will send you some more up to date images...

cheers Andy

20210613_173549.jpg

Hi Andy - that's brilliant, thank you. Colour combo looks great - would really appreciate extra images when you have time, front on etc.

You've done nearly exact same as we are planning for our van - rear spoiler (my good lady has got into it too and spec'd that!) which I'm spraying up next week and I'll do the front splitter same time.

We've gone for the black angular side bars too + looking at the same roof bars (I think) as you've spec'd. I original bought the roof rails from Leighton Vans as they are styled really nice (manufactured by Turtle) but the foot pack floats across the rail gutter (off the roof profile) and doesn't transfer force to the base of the gutter which is shit, I didn't trust it as we want to use it to load onto and returned them (they charged £4.95 to send and wanted £78'ish to return! ....said they simply made a loss on the bars posting them?!! I just organised my own return courier for £20!).

Where did you buy your roof rails, they look like Omtec original OEM fit?

Apologies all the questions on a Sunday buddy.

All best

Ru

Back