VeeDub T6.1 DUB Style Front Spoiler & Front Splitter

dxf001

Hey, everyone. Can I have some advice for a complete novice?

I have a T6 converted camper (see below) and want to put on a nice front spoiler and splitter. Does anyone know what this one is like from VeeDub?
https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/.../t6-1-dub-style.../

I would get it coloured in Indium Grey to match our van below. I have found a a place that will attach and spray but being new to this and not wanting to waste money thought I would get some advice first! I am hoping it will just add to the look. See photo below.

Many thanks all,

Van.jpg

Hey, everyone. Can I have some advice for a complete novice?

I have a T6 converted camper (see below) and want to put on a nice front spoiler and splitter. Does anyone know what this one is like from VeeDub?
https://www.veedubtransporters.co.uk/.../t6-1-dub-style.../

I would get it coloured in Indium Grey to match our van below. I have found a a place that will attach and spray but being new to this and not wanting to waste money thought I would get some advice first! I am hoping it will just add to the look. See photo below.

Many thanks all,

View attachment 229649
I have supplied and fitted one of these and will never fit another. It took a lot of effort with my paint shop guy (who is first class) to get it to what I would describe as even a reasonable standard. It was the unpainted version and it needed huge amounts of work to get it OK.

The photos on their website look good, but the product is quite poor quality. If you go for the painted one the finish isn’t very good, the fit isn’t very good and no attention has been paid to proper preparation before paint. Rough edges, mould marks etc are all visible. I’ve had 2 of those delivered. The first was so bad that they sent me another as a replacement, the replacement was exactly the same. I cancelled the job with the customer and we’re now looking at other options.

The Leighton LV-S is similar in appearance, but miles better quality. It’s a lot more money, but worth the extra twice over.

Have you changed you wheels and suspension?

Personally I think that they need to be the first modifications before 'sporty' body additions. Think body kits and standard little wheels from the 80's

1707824129310.png

I have supplied and fitted one of these and will never fit another. It took a lot of effort with my paint shop guy (who is first class) to get it to what I would describe as even a reasonable standard. It was the unpainted version and it needed huge amounts of work to get it OK.

The photos on their website look good, but the product is quite poor quality. If you go for the painted one the finish isn’t very good, the fit isn’t very good and no attention has been paid to proper preparation before paint. Rough edges, mould marks etc are all visible. I’ve had 2 of those delivered. The first was so bad that they sent me another as a replacement, the replacement was exactly the same. I cancelled the job with the customer and we’re now looking at other options.

The Leighton LV-S is similar in appearance, but miles better quality. It’s a lot more money, but worth the extra twice over.
Thanks so much for your advice, much appreciated. So is this the one you would recommend? LV-S Front Chin & Splitter (for VW T6.1)

Like you say its twice as much but I would rather buy something that will enhance the look of the van rather than look cheap.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thanks so much for your advice, much appreciated. So is this the one you would recommend? LV-S Front Chin & Splitter (for VW T6.1)

Like you say its twice as much but I would rather buy something that will enhance the look of the van rather than look cheap.

Thanks again,

Dave
Yes Dave, that's a much better quality item. It'll still need some prep work to get the best results, but the fit and general quality is much better on that one.

Back