I'm Guessing you had to sand it and then use plastic paint primer. How did you attach it? Thank you David
Hi David, it was a quick job but in the interest of full disclosure It was painted and fitted by a friend’s body shop

Had an email yesterday from Deja Vu cars who are based in the Netherlands. They have nice looking (ABT type) front splitter for the 6.1 (~£173):

I asked about shipping and they only offered DHL at £82 :oops:

The joys of Brexit....

Last edited:
I asked about shipping and they only offered DHL at £82 :oops:

The joys of Brexit....

Interesting ... did they specifically say the DHL cost was a function of Brexit, or has that pretty much always been the cost of insured Couriering of a large low volume item from continental Europe ??

Interesting ... did they specifically say the DHL cost was a function of Brexit, or has that pretty much always been the cost of insured Couriering of a large low volume item from continental Europe ??

I queried as I've heard horror stories about parcels from Europe but his actual response was:

"After Brexit, we can ship the splitter with DHL to UK.

Shipping costs are around 85 GBP"

Seems high to me but it might be what would have been charged before the break. Not sure really.

It's a reality that the import charges, however they are calculated, are going to put me off purchasing from Europe... :confused:

I am happy to take and post more pics for you if there are specific angles you want to see
hows that vanstyle splitter working out? Mine is in the paint shop being sprayed currently (only bought it 3 months ago!) do you have any idea how your pal fitted it, did they screw it anywhere or just bond it on?

I queried as I've heard horror stories about parcels from Europe but his actual response was:

"After Brexit, we can ship the splitter with DHL to UK.

Shipping costs are around 85 GBP"

Seems high to me but it might be what would have been charged before the break. Not sure really.

It's a reality that the import charges, however they are calculated, are going to put me off purchasing from Europe... :confused:

I wish a splitter to Australia was only 85 GBP Mine will cost me about 300 GBP if I get one from the UK.
If you own a VW Transporter and live in the UK you are much better off than us in OZ. You have so many accessories for the Transporter.

Ok i am on the hunt for a 6.1 front splitter - i chocked on my coffee at the price of LV..... these look ok from www.km-parts.fi
any other suggestions? my T6 one was a 'world of carbon' and i see they do one for 6.1 now

1620465893555.png

Really like that Tonto. Did you get it direct from that website and how much if you don’t mind me asking

No mare it was off a British tuning company about £130 ish then postage knocked it up to about £150 I'm off to kids football now will send you photo this afternoon mate

Back