T6.1 new order delays

Ordered a new Shuttle with a few factory toys of the extras menu on 16/5 Exactly four weeks later was given a provisional build date of mid August, latest email now saying build date mid March with delivery April 2022, my question, is there anyway of checking progress of an order yourself ?
Thanks in advance..
Only info is from your dealer. No online build progress page, which is frustrating. VW chat are now not giving any info out. They tell you to contact your dealer.

Only info is from your dealer. No online build progress page, which is frustrating. VW chat are now not giving any info out. They tell you to contact your dealer.
Probably because there were always behind the curve! They always seemed to be at least a few days and sometimes weeks behind info that my dealer had access to.

Mine was actually going through final assembly in the factory a week early, but as far as VW chat were concerned, it still had an unconfirmed build week in the following week and they apparently couldn’t see live factory data like dealers could, which made no sense at all to me, but there you go.

After it sat in the dockside in Emden for 3 weeks, a similar story unfolded when VW chat were still saying it was awaiting allocation to a ship, while the dealer told me it was actually on one and when it would arrive in the UK - which it duly did exactly as he told me.

So polite as they were, VW chat never actually inspired any confidence or gave me anything new or current in terms of updates.

Doesn’t the factory shutdown for summer break about now?
It should give VW a chance to stockpile some microchips before reopening.

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if they did shut down again for holidays. They shut for 10 days in June to catch up on parts, so another break would be yet another massive kick in the teeth for us all.

In other news, a mate of mine in France,( runs a ski transfer service), has just ordered 3 Shuttles and 3 Vitos, as his leases are ending. He has been told they will all be ready before December. I will be quizzing him later.

I have just been told my T32 204 4M kombi which was originally august then December then September is now confirmed for week 12 and will be a 22 plate. We have more chance of winning the lottery than getting our vans any time soon.

I ordered my van in January said it would be here in may was then put back to august then told build week 36 which would be October now been told factories closed for three weeks so don’t have clue when it will be built

This firm seem to have some stock of MY22 6.1’s if you’re quick.

Appear to have some LWB T32’s, and SWB T30’s , all Highline PV 150 DSG’s with Twin sliders. Might suit someone on here.

Back