T6.1 new order delays

TBH if they had said 12 - 14 months from order I would have accepted it, not been happy, but would have accepted it as some things just are. What I don’t like is the bouncing around because I can’t plan properly. I’m told it’s the same with Land Rover and many others.

Modern vehicles rely on many third party companies on a just in time supply chain. With shortages with chips and shipping it must be a nightmare getting everything together to assemble at the moment. It’s not just VW.

@Aggers, I totally agree. It's the complete uncertainty and lack of correct or honest information from VW that is grinding me down. I really wanted the van to be on this years books, but now I may not even get it on next years accounts, which for various reasons is bad financially for me.

That is great news @kkwan18, and give hope to us all on here. But without wishing to put a downer on it, you do have to wonder how the ordering system works in the factories, when there customers who ordered 2-3-4 months and longer, who are yet to even receive a build date.

I ordered my Kombi HL LWB 150ps twin sliding doors on 5th March, waited 2 months no news, then was told build date 44 weeks estimate, but was lucky had it delivered last Thursday 29th July, very happy.

View attachment 126445
Did you not know it was being built? Did the dealer just call you and say your van has arrived without warning?

Did you not know it was being built? Did the dealer just call you and say your van has arrived without warning?
I was resign to the 44wks built date, then at the middle of july he email me that my Van is in UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjn
So Guys.. the dealer spoke to me.. in July to say..I had a build date of the 12/7... I took it with a pinch of salt tbh.. to my surprise.. i got a phone call to say the Van is in the Uk.. at the Port.. my question is.. how long does it take.. to get from the Port.. to the dealer.. tia

Reactions: Ozi
So Guys.. the dealer spoke to me.. in July to say..I had a build date of the 12/7... I took it with a pinch of salt tbh.. to my surprise.. i got a phone call to say the Van is in the Uk.. at the Port.. my question is.. how long does it take.. to get from the Port.. to the dealer.. tia
Shouldn‘t be too long. Could be anything from 2-3 days to 2 weeks to get to dealer, who then needs a couple of days to PDI it.

.. my question is.. how long does it take.. to get from the Port.. to the dealer.. tia
Just remember to tell them not to clean it, so you can get it detailed by someone who won’t create a load of swirl marks in the paintwork!

Just a quick update..The van has arrived at the dealers.. Theyve just rang me to say.. can i pay the invoice.. and then the will deliver the van to me... I'm made up.. thanks for the input guys.. the vans booked in at T4 life for some Mods.. on the 25/8.. cant wait

Can’t believe it. Just spoke to my van centre. Delivery was supposed to be oct time I ordered it 7th jan this year. Now he said april 2022 delivery. It’s a joke
That is unreal. Scared to ask my dealer now! I ordered in March

Just got this through today from the people,I’m working with

As you know Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles have had to suspend the 2021 RFO contracts due to the production challenges caused by problems in the global supply chains and the COVID pandemic.

The Volkswagen Group’s task force has been working to minimise the effects of the global semiconductor bottleneck on products in the Group, but new outbreaks of COVID-19 in Asia are leading to further pressure on key semiconductor manufacturing facilities.

Unfortunately one of the results of this is that production has been reduced further for the UK market and is not recoverable in 2021. We are therefore unable to re-open the 2021 / 2022 contracts.

Given this further cut in production, we need to reduce the volume sold in the channel by 10% for the rest of the year. This will affect your contractual volume and the vehicles in your order bank.

What engine have you opted for @Stud69...my dealer said only the 150's are coming through atm. :(

Just got this through today from the people,I’m working with

As you know Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles have had to suspend the 2021 RFO contracts due to the production challenges caused by problems in the global supply chains and the COVID pandemic.

The Volkswagen Group’s task force has been working to minimise the effects of the global semiconductor bottleneck on products in the Group, but new outbreaks of COVID-19 in Asia are leading to further pressure on key semiconductor manufacturing facilities.

Unfortunately one of the results of this is that production has been reduced further for the UK market and is not recoverable in 2021. We are therefore unable to re-open the 2021 / 2022 contracts.

Given this further cut in production, we need to reduce the volume sold in the channel by 10% for the rest of the year. This will affect your contractual volume and the vehicles in your order bank.
That’s never good news to receive. Was on the end of a similar email in Feb this year, but fortunately was able to recover the situation with another dealer. Fully understand the frustration you and others in the same boat will be feeling.

Back