T6.1 new order delays

Can’t believe it. Just spoke to my van centre. Delivery was supposed to be oct time I ordered it 7th jan this year. Now he said april 2022 delivery. It’s a joke

Oh Jeez, I ordered the same week. I spoke to my dealer earlier this week, and they said they have "manually pushed forward" my order to a Sept build, for a Nov delivery, but i honestly don't believe a word they are saying. I just wish the dealers and the factory could sort out the build allocation process. How hard can it be to set the build allocation in order of date first ordered? The current random situation we are seeing is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth.

Hi All.
New on here and just wanted to vent my frustrations.
I placed my order one month ago, and was told delivery should be July 2022.
It's going to be a long year!

I ordered December 2020 and it looks like delivery Feb 2022. I was told the biggest hold up is with 4 motions , DSG 199ps models, the other models use less chips and are going through a bit quicker.

My dealer told me today that VW still expect the sales team to meet their completed sales targets each month even though they haven’t got vans coming through!
Also said they’re telling people next September for a new van!

I ordered December 2020 and it looks like delivery Feb 2022. I was told the biggest hold up is with 4 motions , DSG 199ps models, the other models use less chips and are going through a bit quicker.
Thats 3 of my options so next year it is then!:cry:

My dealer told me today that VW still expect the sales team to meet their completed sales targets each month even though they haven’t got vans coming through!
Also said they’re telling people next September for a new van!
That’s nuts

My dealer has just told me that VW have shut the factory for 4 weeks. I ordered 21st Jan, now told to expect delivery 25th November. Apparantly the chip shortage is whats causing the issues. He also told me they are still taking orders but telling new customers 12 months delivery. Also advised I'll be getting a 2022 spec vehicle, whatever that means in terms of changes. Thats a 199 Kombi 4 motion..

My dealer has just told me that VW have shut the factory for 4 weeks. I ordered 21st Jan, now told to expect delivery 25th November. Apparantly the chip shortage is whats causing the issues. He also told me they are still taking orders but telling new customers 12 months delivery. Also advised I'll be getting a 2022 spec vehicle, whatever that means in terms of changes. Thats a 199 Kombi 4 motion..
Which probably means you’ll actually be getting a 204 Kombi 4 Motion, rather than 199

Another halt in production in polish T6.1 factory

Volkswagen Poznań has to stop production once again.

Due to the shortage of semiconductors on the market, the VW Września plant will not produce the Crafter on August 21-23. This may affect the work of other companies in the area that cooperate with the German concern.

Plant in Antoninek will stop the production of Caddy 5 and T6.1 models on August 23-25. Stop does not apply to Crafter Grand California.

Let us remind you that the problems with the availability of semiconductors already 3 times this year caused downtime. This problem is faced by the entire automotive industry, and all indications are that this unfavorable situation on the market may still persist.

"We currently expect supply of chips in the third quarter to be very volatile and tight," Volkswagen, the No.2 volume carmaker behind Toyota, said in answer to a request for comment by Reuters. "We can't rule out further changes to production."
The Wolfsburg-based carmaker said it expects the situation to improve by the end of the year and aims to make up for production shortfalls in the second half as far as possible.

This will affect vehicle revenue, which are historically high per unit because vehicles have a high sales price.

I noticed one Nissan plant in the USA shutting down in recent news.

It could also apply war pressure to Taiwan being independent from China.

087D3E7A-28BD-47F3-8893-BF3BB129E89E.png

None of this is looking good. My van will be in need of a service and 4 new tyres soon, not cheap! I assumed it would be gone by now, but at least I still have my van. My neighbour's company car goes back at the end of this month, and the leasing company has told them they can't replace them! Twenty cars in total, and now they are all scrabbling around for replacements. It seems as the S/H car market is so good, the leasing company just wants to sell them on, and don't give a toss about their client. Very short sighted, don't you think.

My company ordered mine in May 21 just been told to expect delivery in February 2022. Luckily my company have extended my lease on my current car. First time i’ll have a Transporter so looking forward to picking it up even if it is a while a way yet.

None of this is looking good. My van will be in need of a service and 4 new tyres soon, not cheap! I assumed it would be gone by now, but at least I still have my van. My neighbour's company car goes back at the end of this month, and the leasing company has told them they can't replace them! Twenty cars in total, and now they are all scrabbling around for replacements. It seems as the S/H car market is so good, the leasing company just wants to sell them on, and don't give a toss about their client. Very short sighted, don't you think.
Ditto! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back