T6.1 new order delays

i hope your dealer got that right. Mine was ordered in March and when I asked if I could amend the order last month I was told ‘you can but you will go to the back of the queue again’ with an estimated ETA of early 2022 rather than September 2021. But than again my ETA has been July, November, October, December and now September. And yes those are the actual months in the order provided to me. :grin bounce:
I guess it will get here when it gets here, at least I will have the spec I wanted and completely out my hands now. I will give them a quick phone to see if the additional items have affected the build week.

If it’s allocated but not got a build week it doesn’t usually delay when adding extras but it might if it has a build week as all parts are in the production/delivery process when allocated the date.

I have been lucky mine turned up today. Originally ordered via 3rd party last October only to be cancelled along with other people in February. Reordered February via AutoEbid and JCB in Ashford who managed to produce the goods (thanks).
Pure grey T30 Kombi SWB 150 manual. Led lights, front swivels, reverse camera, two plus one rear seats and rear windows. Lots of bits ready to get fitted sound proofing, insulation and carpet. Curtains all-round and new wheels on order. Worth the wait.

I have been lucky mine turned up today. Originally ordered via 3rd party last October only to be cancelled along with other people in February. Reordered February via AutoEbid and JCB in Ashford who managed to produce the goods (thanks).
Pure grey T30 Kombi SWB 150 manual. Led lights, front swivels, reverse camera, two plus one rear seats and rear windows. Lots of bits ready to get fitted sound proofing, insulation and carpet. Curtains all-round and new wheels on order. Worth the wait.
That’s good to hear I’ve ordered from these 4th Feb through autobid had a build week 35 now gone off the system Its 4 motion kombi maybe it’s the more semi conductors you have in the van spec the longer you have to wait,
Enjoy your van, be nice to see some pics when you’ve tweaked you mark on it

Who is this guy? What dealership is he from? Also he's talking about Cali's, they are built on a completely separate production line, is the same happening for all T6.1 based vans? So many questions.

I will be speaking to my dealership tomorrow, but I think I know what they are going to say, if its possible to verbalise a shrug.

It is interest to note though, that VW do seem to be reacting in some way to the production problems they've been having by putting in a new procedure. Has someone in the factory had a right rollicking recently? I do hope so.

One more thing to note:

He clearly said quarter and year, not week whatever, like we've all got used to. I'd say that is very telling, and not in a good way.

Hi just ordered a 204 Dsg kombi
I’ve gone for solid tailgate against the glass and now wondering if that’s the right way to go.. I’ll be turning it in to a day van after a few years using it for work.. thoughts?

Who is this guy? What dealership is he from? Also he's talking about Cali's, they are built on a completely separate production line, is the same happening for all T6.1 based vans? So many questions.

I will be speaking to my dealership tomorrow, but I think I know what they are going to say, if its possible to verbalise a shrug.

It is interest to note though, that VW do seem to be reacting in some way to the production problems they've been having by putting in a new procedure. Has someone in the factory had a right rollicking recently? I do hope so.
I think it is more a supply problem , that they can not get the component's quick enough to produce the Vans. I have worked with motorcycle manufactures and the suppliers tell the factory week ??? and than they change it. It is a chain reaction . No materials available to make the parts , no parts supplied to the factory and no delivery to dealers or customers.
A lot of manufactures have more than one supplier but they must all be finding it hard. Lets hope it all starts to run smooth again soon, I am spending too much money on Accessories and filling my shed up, waiting for my Van to arrive.:rolleyes:

I’ve gone for solid tailgate against the glass and now wondering if that’s the right way to go.. I’ll be turning it in to a day van after a few years using it for work.. thoughts?

I think you maybe on the wrong thread.

I have my van for 12 weeks and wondered the same but went for glass tailgate and I haven’t regretted the decision.
you will also have a rear view mirror fitted as standard and I think it looks great from the back and plenty of light inside. Mine is a pv.

You can always get the glass cut in later complete with Wiper and electrics. Lots of people have done it.

I guess it will get here when it gets here, at least I will have the spec I wanted and completely out my hands now. I will give them a quick phone to see if the additional items have affected the build week.
Evening

did you manage to check with your dealer?

Rich

Hi Everyone, another noobie to the forum.

Just ordered LWB DSG PV from Autoebid , Ascot Grey, Heated Seats,DSG,Rear Camera, LED lights, swivel seats....delivery advised as Q2 2022, hopefully sooner as I was banking on converting for next summer use ??
Ordered before the August 3rd price increase.

Welcome Happy Hammer to the forum. Great spec bus you’ve ordered. Dayvan or camper??

How about a round up of where we are with orders and see who's been waiting the longest ( sorry, no prizes ).

I'll start.

Jan 21-fully loaded Kombi DSG 150. No provisional build date anymore.

Back