T6.1 new order delays

I had to same when I ordered last week.. could have the power sliding twin sliders or power latching side doors but the option for the tailgate with window wasn’t available, so decided to stick with glazed rear window

Yeah the power-latching tailgate thing is weird. It's still available if you select 'tailgate without window and power-latching' but not if you select a glazed tailgate. I ended up going for it without the window aperture on the basis that I'd probably replace the OEM window with one that matches the side windows anyway but have had to forego the rear washer and wiper system to have it. Apparently it's due to the lack of semiconductors according to the VW rep but just seemed a bit odd to me that it's not either available or removed for both options. And let's see if I actually get it in the end...
Interesting. So, do you know if you can still order a fully electric tailgate with glazed tailgate & wash wipe?

I ask, as that's what I've ordered and, now, I have visions of the factory refusing to build, but failing to inform my dealer (Might explain why I've not had a build week after 15 months of waiting :eek:).

Is the fully electric tailgate different to a power-latching one Bav? I didn't see a fully electric one as an option...think the power-latching one is basically like a soft close that pulls the door in at the bottom to save you slamming it shut. If that's what you have then yeah it's no longer possible to have a glazed tailgate with washer and wiper AND power latching. That's for a new van, not sure how it'll affect existing orders.

Is the fully electric tailgate different to a power-latching one Bav? I didn't see a fully electric one as an option...think the power-latching one is basically like a soft close that pulls the door in at the bottom to save you slamming it shut. If that's what you have then yeah it's no longer possible to have a glazed tailgate with washer and wiper AND power latching. That's for a new van, not sure how it'll affect existing orders.
AIUI, a fully electric tailgate can be opened and closed remotely with no manual intervention required, whereas power latching is a soft-close feature for a manual tailgate.

Ah, in that case I never even saw it as an option Bav and I've been playing with the configurator for the last few weeks. So guessing it's been pulled as an option for similar reasons as a power latching tailgate with window.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bav
Ah, in that case I never even saw it as an option Bav and I've been playing with the configurator for the last few weeks. So guessing it's been pulled as an option for similar reasons.
I guess so. An electric tailgate probably needs even more semiconductors than power latching, so yet more delay pain for me :(

Hi All. Just spoken to the dealer and still at status 20 for build week 33. That is Monday. Still won't belive it until I get the call it is built. Ordered kombi LWB 4motion DSG at the end of March 2021. Fingers still crossed!
My build week is 34 as far as I know. Ordered my kombi sportline black edition early April 21....

Hi All. Just spoken to the dealer and still at status 20 for build week 33. That is Monday. Still won't belive it until I get the call it is built. Ordered kombi LWB 4motion DSG at the end of March 2021. Fingers still crossed!
What does that mean? Status 20 for build week 33??

I guess so. An electric tailgate probably needs even more semiconductors than power latching, so yet more delay pain for me :(
does that mean a further delay ?,as mines lekky sides & rear,did look at that power latching but got it dropped..

Dunno mate - I was just feeling sorry for myself when I posted that comment! :rolleyes:
We are in now in for the long hall arn't we,so I suppose we should be grateful to a point,it's just frustrating reading some guys stories,as it seems no two dealers are the same..agh well @

Back