T6.1 new order delays

Shame.
Must admit, when I was looking for the spec I wanted ( which was near impossible to find ) it was not far off the price of a new build, some of the vans out there people/dealers were selling were over priced and if I’m honest a bag of sh*t!!
Hope you manage to find something pal, I’m just playing the waiting game now…I have been thinking about one for ten years or more, probably picked the wrong time to buy one i.e prices and delivery times.. typical :mad: anyway good luck

There must be a shortage of Pure Grey paint and 80L fuel tanks. It’s the same spec as the LWB 204 DSG Highline I ordered last June… but have now cancelled.
Agreed. Mine's a LWB Pure Grey with an 80l tank also. Ordered May 2021 and still not had any build week at all, confirmed or provisional.

Agreed. Mine's a LWB Pure Grey with an 80l tank also. Ordered May 2021 and still not had any build week at all, confirmed or provisional.
@Bav You placed your order just a few weeks before me by the looks of things. You should have at least had had a couple of updates from your dealership advising an estimated build week (status 10) by now. I presume you‘ve asked them what the current VW order status is.

@Bav You placed your order just a few weeks before me by the looks of things. You should have at least had had a couple of updates from your dealership advising an estimated build week (status 10) by now. I presume you‘ve asked them what the current VW order status is.
Yeah, I've asked several times, but each time I just get told "sorry, no news". I don't have any direct evidence, but based on others' experiences, I suspect my order is/has been status 10, but the dealer doesn't want to pass that info on because provisional dates can change so dramatically.

Tbh I haven't seriously considered cancelling my order, but that's only because I've already paid my convertor a serious chunk of cash as a deposit and with part of this money they've already bought my pop-top from the supplier (i.e. not refundable).

Last edited:
Received an email from the dealership, my van has arrived with them. Ordered it on 31/08/21, so just under 12 months.

Hope the rest of you that are still waiting get some good news soon too.
Congrats Pete - enjoy. :thumbsup:

Tbh I haven't seriously considered cancelling my order, but that's only because I've already paid my convertor a serious chunk of cash as a deposit and with part of this money they've already bought my pop-top from the supplier (i.e. not refundable).
@Bav Ouch. Completely understand your thinking.

Reactions: Bav
Hi @Pete5 was it an unexpected email or did you have a status 20 build date from them , just looking for a small piece of hope that my van will just arrive one day
Received an email from the dealership, my van has arrived with them. Ordered it on 31/08/21, so just under 12 months.

Hope the rest of you that are still waiting get some good news soon too.

Hi @Pete5 was it an unexpected email or did you have a status 20 build date from them , just looking for a small piece of hope that my van will just arrive one day
Hi @Monty1987 , not completely unexpected. I sent them an email just into July to see if there was any news. They replied that it had “gone confirmed” that week (status number wasn’t quoted) and was due late Aug/early Sept. Then got the good news email this week.

They originally suggested 12 months when I ordered it, so assuming I can have it on 1st Sept that will be spot on.

Fingers crossed for you

Hi @Monty1987 , not completely unexpected. I sent them an email just into July to see if there was any news. They replied that it had “gone confirmed” that week (status number wasn’t quoted) and was due late Aug/early Sept. Then got the good news email this week.

They originally suggested 12 months when I ordered it, so assuming I can have it on 1st Sept that will be spot on.

Fingers crossed for you
That’s excellent news for you . It’s good to hear they are coming through and all round about the time I ordered mine . Of course there are still people like @Bav now celebrating 15months .

There must be a shortage of Pure Grey paint and 80L fuel tanks. It’s the same spec as the LWB 204 DSG Highline I ordered last June… but have now cancelled.
That’s my spec in my LWB Sportline.
Still waiting since I ordered 14 months ago..

• Sad
Reactions: Bav
The wait is long guys, frustrating and the amount of times I thought about canceling the order, I'm glad I didn't as it is well worth the wait! I've had the van for around month now I think and we've been out with the kids most weekends!
For those of you waiting, keep strong, it will come and you'll be in love.

Here is my baby!!

IMG_20220820_171210.jpg

IMG_20220820_171202.jpg

Ordered in Jan this year, from VW commercial in Derby, (only walked in for a quick look with no interest of buying a new van ) got told they had only 4 build allocations left for this year, and it had a provisional delivery date of 31 July, at this time I knew nothing of the build delays for T6.1's.
So when I joined on here I genuinely didn't think I'd see my van in 2022 but it has arrived less than a month later than quoted, but now I'm waiting 2 more weeks for the new reg
Same as you ordered ear;y Feb through Curries @ MK and arrived 3 0r 4 weeks ago. Also waiting for new plates. What spec ? ours 150 highline/manual with few upgrades as was not needing too much spec.Sold our T6 few days ago so using our old beetle for now...

Back