T6.1 Aftermarket Headlight choices

This is exactly what I got, sorry yes the 3 pins were on a very short cable I have just gone out and looked at them Hope this helps and if you play around and have small hands you dont need to remove the grille I do agree tho, why doe manufacturers have to make is so damn hard to get to things especially VW
Sorry to drag up this thread again but my LED H15 high beam bulbs are still tripping errors - but only when I dip back to the low beam after a long run on high beam.
I am wondering if they are overheating.
For my own sake I'm also linking to this other thread T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working
I wish I could work out how to quote one thread in another.
I'm still trying to get Xenonsonline to respond after they sold me the wrong model bulbs compared to the ones I ordered (as recorded in my order on their website!)
It's so annoying since this has dragged out over most of a year - simply because we don't use high beam that often and getting information is so hard.
I'd really like want to try the other type of bulbs that you got, AAlstin, - the ones I paid for!
I just spent an hour testing the wiring to these bulbs in our van and they have 12V to the "earth" pin when using high beam, and then swap to 12V to the DRL for DRL mode. So crazy complicated!
If yours just worked without any wiring looms or swapping wires, then those bulbs must have the wires swapped in that short connection wire.
I've actually ordered some THQ replacement headlights, because I don't like the dodgy "wiring loom" and the faults are pissing me off, but I'd really like to be able to fix this without the extra AUD1500!

Sorry to drag up this thread again but my LED H15 high beam bulbs are still tripping errors - but only when I dip back to the low beam after a long run on high beam.
I am wondering if they are overheating.
For my own sake I'm also linking to this other thread T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working
I wish I could work out how to quote one thread in another.
I'm still trying to get Xenonsonline to respond after they sold me the wrong model bulbs compared to the ones I ordered (as recorded in my order on their website!)
It's so annoying since this has dragged out over most of a year - simply because we don't use high beam that often and getting information is so hard.
I'd really like want to try the other type of bulbs that you got, AAlstin, - the ones I paid for!
I just spent an hour testing the wiring to these bulbs in our van and they have 12V to the "earth" pin when using high beam, and then swap to 12V to the DRL for DRL mode. So crazy complicated!
If yours just worked without any wiring looms or swapping wires, then those bulbs must have the wires swapped in that short connection wire.
I've actually ordered some THQ replacement headlights, because I don't like the dodgy "wiring loom" and the faults are pissing me off, but I'd really like to be able to fix this without the extra AUD1500!
In an act of desperation I got a pair of the "V8 Flip Chip" H15 bulbs from Xenon Bulbs, because they reckon they 'have the strongest canbus".
(I wish the industry didn't talk such rubbish. Bulbs don't "have canbus" - they just have resistance/impedence to make them compatible with the car's canbus modules.)
The bulbs fit and didn't give any errors during a ~45min drive last night using high beam as much as possible.
So I might have fixed the canbus bulb errors but I'm not thrilled by the light pattern.
These bulbs just have 1 LED on each side of the bulb, and both LEDs are used in both DRL and Hi Beam function - just with different brightness. This is a worry since the other halogen and LED H15 bulbs have shields over the high beam filament / LED. It's tricky to prove but I'm worried these V8 LEDs are too bright and too spread out in DRL mode so they might dazzle other vehicles. Then on high beam, they're to spread out and washed out.

Hello, I am in France and I have a T6.1 from March 2021.
I have tried at least 4 pairs of H15 bulbs for my daytime running lights and none work.
@DMcCook the ones you are talking about work without ODB errors on your Transporter T6.1?
Thanks for your help !

Hello, I am in France and I have a T6.1 from March 2021.
I have tried at least 4 pairs of H15 bulbs for my daytime running lights and none work.
@DMcCook the ones you are talking about work without ODB errors on your Transporter T6.1?
Thanks for your help !
I hope I have been able to help someone else solve this annoying issue.
As I said on the other thread - to get the H15 bulbs to work, I had to swap the high beam and earth wires on my bulbs and I had to use OBD to change the bulb type to LED.
Post in thread 'T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working'
T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working

I hope I have been able to help someone else solve this annoying issue.
As I said on the other thread - to get the H15 bulbs to work, I had to swap the high beam and earth wires on my bulbs and I had to use OBD to change the bulb type to LED.
Post in thread 'T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working'
T6.1 H15 LED bulbs not working
Thank you for your very quick response.
It is impossible for me to modify the OBD and I will not risk tampering with the connection wires.
So what is the best solution to improve the headlight lighting (high beam)?
The original H15 halogen bulbs are very weak and too yellow! What can you recommend that works for me?
Thank you again for your help

Thank you for your very quick response.
It is impossible for me to modify the OBD and I will not risk tampering with the connection wires.
So what is the best solution to improve the headlight lighting (high beam)?
The original H15 halogen bulbs are very weak and too yellow! What can you recommend that works for me?
Thank you again for your help
Sorry, I have no magic solutions. VW made a mess of this. It’s stupid how hard it is to have decent headlights. I would have ordered factory LED headlights but they were not an option with the twin rear barn doors we ordered!
I don’t know if higher powered halogen H15 bulbs are available?
LED bulbs are a huge improvement. The wiring change and OBD mods are not difficult if you can find someone to help you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry - I feel your pain!

There are LED H15 bulbs, but the problem with them is because they use the high beam reflector, they are very bright as DRLs. At certain angles and over bumps they can appear like high beams being flashed. A few have come unstuck with other drivers thinking they are being flashed out.

There are LED H15 bulbs, but the problem with them is because they use the high beam reflector, they are very bright as DRLs. At certain angles and over bumps they can appear like high beams being flashed. A few have come unstuck with other drivers thinking they are being flashed out.
Hello and thank you for the reply.
which h15 models work on T6.1 (March 2021)? do you have a link please?

Hello and thank you for the reply.
which h15 models work on T6.1 (March 2021)? do you have a link please?
Sorry for the slow reply - I don't actually have a link to any H15 that I'd recommend. The one's I'm using have a very broad beam so the bright DRL issue that Dubber36 mentions is a risk. The first ones I got were these ones from Xenons Online H15 Mini Canbus DRL / Main Beam LED Bulb (Pair) . These had a good beam, with separate LEDs for DRL and High beam, but they're the ones that trigger bulb errors after a long drive on high beam. I'd be tempted to try a 2nd pair of these to see if my first pair were faulty, but I can't recommend Xenonsonline because they never respond to questions. Sorry - it's a mess. Any LED bulb is going to need the high and earth wires swapped before they work at all in a T6.1. It sucks.

Back