T6.1 Aftermarket Headlight choices

T6's are notorious for having uber sensitive bulb monitoring, so I can't see 6.1's being any different. Even most that say they are CanBus compatible will get trigger warnings.

It might be worth giving Xenon HID Conversion Kits, Xenon HID Bulbs, LED Lights, BMW Angel eyes, Daytime DRL Lights a call. There are especially knowledgeable about what bulbs should work with which vehicles. You can add resistors, but that's just adding more bulk, so if all else fails, the bulb monitoring can be turned of with VCDS.
Thanks @dubber36 - I’ve emailed Xenon, so hopefully they’ll respond. Resistors might be preferable to turning off the monitoring, unless the resistor fools the monitoring in case of a dead bulb anyway.

Hi everyone! I’d like to adjust my THQ light beam pattern, how does the Left/Right work? Does it swing/point it to the left right? Or does it rotate the beam?

I kinda feel like my pattern is a bit crooked or on an angle that doesn’t feel right for incoming drivers. Would like to somehow rotate the beam a bit clockwise.

Hi everyone! I’d like to adjust my THQ light beam pattern, how does the Left/Right work? Does it swing/point it to the left right? Or does it rotate the beam?

I kinda feel like my pattern is a bit crooked or on an angle that doesn’t feel right for incoming drivers. Would like to somehow rotate the beam a bit clockwise.
After I fitted mine, I parked facing a wall when it was dark so I could see the beam pattern. You then need to rotate the bulbs slowly until the beam pattern is clean. Bit fiddly, but improves things loads!

IMG_20221031_132254_747.jpg

Reactions: dj_
Yay, with the help of google translate I’ve worked out which entries in OBDEleven are for the headlights and DRLs and changed them to LED so the errors are all gone.
I wish I hadn’t needed to do that but so glad I know how to now. :)

After I fitted mine, I parked facing a wall when it was dark so I could see the beam pattern. You then need to rotate the bulbs slowly until the beam pattern is clean. Bit fiddly, but improves things loads!

View attachment 178381
Thanks mate! I tried doing that but not really happy with the beam pattern. Got better but a bit patchy in my opinion. I just ordered some HIDs to get the best out of the projectors :)

Sorry I really am ….. as I have read a load of post about lights and t6.1 but here goes so maybe someone can help as new to all of this
I have a t6.1 panel van with the lights as per the picture
I cant tell what I have H this or H that led or a blinking candle
Can someone pls help I just need better lights
What do I need to get from where pls
Or am I better saving and having a set of THQ after market fitted if so which bulbs pls as some of them say off road only don’t want to fair MOT or have warning ⚠️ of any sort
Plus the fogs as well pls
Thanks as going potty really am
“I just want better lights
Below is a picture of my van
Cheers
8D6B6D24-D461-4549-B2B9-8F7043402D2E.jpeg

Hi, if you want it road legal:

Osram Night Breaker 200 for H7 dipped beam and H11 fog lights.
For the H15 high beam there aren't really any good after market choices.

8D6B6D24-D461-4549-B2B9-8F7043402D2E.jpeg

Hi, if you want it road legal:

Osram Night Breaker 200 for H7 dipped beam and H11 fog lights.
For the H15 high beam there aren't really any good after market choices.

View attachment 186471
That is the best simple picture ever thank you so much it makes sense
Trying to find that in the book is a nightmare
So just need a better H15 ?? Let’s see if anybody else jumps in to answer that but a massive thank you

66DE6F64-2282-4633-9B3B-AACB06EE7AD1.pngB36B07BF-8532-4BB5-9F20-5120846BFAF6.pngDA503600-15EC-4B34-B95A-BBA66162636D.png
Found all these led type would these not work pls ? One from Halfords says not road legal is that right ? Cheers

LEDs in main beams are kind of OK because main beam will dazzle anyway. They are no different to the LED Lazer lights I have in my grille.

LEDs in dipped beam reflectors are a different story.

LEDs in main beams are kind of OK because main beam will dazzle anyway. They are no different to the LED Lazer lights I have in my grille.

LEDs in dipped beam reflectors are a different story.
Sorry for being dumb are you saying I shouldn’t put led in my dipped beam ? If not what’s the best I can put in pls

I wouldn't, but don't take that as me tell you not to. It's not my place to.

Personal i wouldn't waste my time on bulbs in the OEM headlights as the improvement will be minimal. Get yourself some THQ lights with either their LED bulbs or xenon kit........if they are as bad as the T6 you'll be more than happy.

I've just fitted Philips Racing Vision GT200 H7s to the dipped and it's definitely a worthwhile improvement to the standard ones (also Philips).

Interesting point about LEDs being ok on main beam - there isn't a H17 equivalent of the Racing Vision - I'm tempted.

(I have a SWB 6.1 Shuttle, other bulb-changers might like to know that I didn't have to remove the air filter or anything, but it is a bit fiddly. I might have needed sectioning under the mental health act if I hadn't found this post about swapping H15s: T6.1 H7 & H15 Bulb Upgrades)

I've just fitted Philips Racing Vision GT200 H7s to the dipped and it's definitely a worthwhile improvement to the standard ones (also Philips).

Interesting point about LEDs being ok on main beam - there isn't a H17 equivalent of the Racing Vision - I'm tempted.

(I have a SWB 6.1 Shuttle, other bulb-changers might like to know that I didn't have to remove the air filter or anything, but it is a bit fiddly. I might have needed sectioning under the mental health act if I hadn't found this post about swapping H15s: T6.1 H7 & H15 Bulb Upgrades)
We’re are you using the h17s or do you mean h15 ?

E30C4850-3F48-4D1D-9442-3B5E9B7BD82C.png

Yep. Typo, H15s. Can’t find any LEDs to persuade me yet. Seems that halogen H15s don’t make much difference. Happy to be convinced.

Back