T6.1 Aftermarket Headlight choices

Hi from Australia Two weels ago my LWB Transporter Van was delivered The worst head lights on the planet I sourced locally NARVA H 7 low beam LED headlights and then I found these for the DRL and High beam H15. They arrived in 5 days from UK and the headlights I now have are incredible No need for a light bar. All Aussie country roads here and this combination is just fantastic . Taking the grille out was easy but fitting the globes without removing the grille can also be done with small hands and a mirror You won't regret these two items Cheers AA

PS the staff at xenonsonline were fantastic on the phone like their lights BRILLIANT

Did your van come with halogen H7 & H15 lights?
I thought you'd get errors and alarms on the dash if you simply replace halogen bulbs with LED?

Yes my van came with the standard issue halogen H7 and H15 globes NO the new globes fitted as above mentioned have not and do not set off any alarms or errors I have placed a link to Xenon lights UK above Go there and buy all you need These people really know their stuff Thanks AA

PS,. Yes I did take the grille out to fit the lights Inow have found you don't have to The globes can just pop in and out with a bit of dexterous maneuvering

I'm just comparing notes with what you've done and what T4Goneby said in this thread H15 leds not working t6.1, so I know if I'm going to need the H15 wire loom.
I gather you got the different H15 bulbs that have the connection on the lead, not on the side of the bulb - which don't mention being main beam as well as DRL.
So I take it I don't need the wire loom if I just pay attention and get the ones you linked to, and the only reason I'm even asking is because I'd read that other thread before I saw this one!

The ones I got from Xenonlites went straight in and had the pins (3) on the side They sold me the loom extension which is just a 3 corded lead but I didn't use it One pin is the DLR and the other the HB I fitted all globes before I turned them on again

H7 Australian sold Narva lights and Xenonlites H 15 with no issues at all and none since in 25000 kms

Just try them, they're not that expensive

The ones I got from Xenonlites went straight in and had the pins (3) on the side They sold me the loom extension which is just a 3 corded lead but I didn't use it One pin is the DLR and the other the HB I fitted all globes before I turned them on again

H7 Australian sold Narva lights and Xenonlites H 15 with no issues at all and none since in 25000 kms

Oh, fair enough I know I’m making a meal out of this now but when I follow the link you provided above, the bulbs have a lead with the plug on the end so I’d figured that’s why you didn’t need the loom.
I agree the money’s not a problem - I’m more worried about the effort installing them! F knows how it’s become acceptable to make simple headlight bulbs so inaccessible.

This is exactly what I got, sorry yes the 3 pins were on a very short cable I have just gone out and looked at them Hope this helps and if you play around and have small hands you dont need to remove the grille I do agree tho, why doe manufacturers have to make is so damn hard to get to things especially VW

Ah, thank you!
I wonder if they've changed the polarity in the plug.
It's also infuriating that something as basic as a light bulb has become so problematic and such a guessing game.

This is exactly what I got, sorry yes the 3 pins were on a very short cable I have just gone out and looked at them Hope this helps and if you play around and have small hands you dont need to remove the grille I do agree tho, why doe manufacturers have to make is so damn hard to get to things especially VW
I’m trying to psych myself into getting these LED bulbs - the worrying bit simply being this issue of physical access to install them.
So I’m curious how it helped to remove the grille? How did that help with accessing the back of the headlights?
Cheers.

I fitted a set to my van today. Was messing about with a set of old led h15 bulbs. I originally couldn’t get the to work just by removing the old bulbs and fitting the led bulbs. I purchased the loom and managed to get working no issues. Access is easy don’t worry about that. Old bulbs theist out. As for the multi Plug the bulb clips into took me about 15mins to figure out how it unclips from the bracket. when I figured it out takes about 2 seconds. What to do is remove the bulb slide in a couple of fingers and push the multi plug upwards ( towards top of the headlamp ) it will unclip

hope this helps

OK, I’m going to do this, but just to be safe, which Narva H7 LED Bulbs did you get?
ThanIs. :)

I order the same bulbs as you - with the short leads attached, but I received the ones with the pins on the side of the bulb AND THE POLARITY IS WRONG! The high beam and earth pins are swapped on the LED compared to the original halogen bulb.
I bought the wiring loom at the same time so I can fix it but the pins on individual wires are REALLY loose in the plug - I’ll have to tape the bloody things in place.
So after all the weeks agonising and researching so I got bulbs that worked properly, I still have to bodge it up. Grrrr.
I really hope the light output makes it worth the messing around.

I order the same bulbs as you - with the short leads attached, but I received the ones with the pins on the side of the bulb AND THE POLARITY IS WRONG! The high beam and earth pins are swapped on the LED compared to the original halogen bulb.
I bought the wiring loom at the same time so I can fix it but the pins on individual wires are REALLY loose in the plug - I’ll have to tape the bloody things in place.
So after all the weeks agonising and researching so I got bulbs that worked properly, I still have to bodge it up. Grrrr.
I really hope the light output makes it worth the messing around.
After a lot of mucking around, adding solder to each of the wiring loom pins, I’ve managed to get the pins to connect soundly and taped them together so they will hopefully stay plugged in. Now I‘m just waiting for nightfall so I can go for a test drive and see if it was worth the stuffing around.
At least I now know that I can remove and replace all four light bulbs without having to pull the car apart. Just!

GAAAH!
The lights are fantastic as far as illuminating the road goes, but I’m getting errors for the DRL and the low beams!!! (Not sure why the high beams are apparently ok?)
Bloody annoying to find that the errors only happen when the engine is running - not just when the key is turned on. So I thought they were all good right up until when I went driving to test the light power.
All my bulbs are from Xenons Online and supposedly are compatible. I’ve emailed them asking for help.
WTF are mine giving errors when I thought my van doesn’t have canbus headlights so it shouldn’t care about the bulbs!?
Does anyone know if this error can be turned off in the software, or if it’s is just a case of trying other bulbs?

T6's are notorious for having uber sensitive bulb monitoring, so I can't see 6.1's being any different. Even most that say they are CanBus compatible will get trigger warnings.

It might be worth giving Xenon HID Conversion Kits, Xenon HID Bulbs, LED Lights, BMW Angel eyes, Daytime DRL Lights a call. There are especially knowledgeable about what bulbs should work with which vehicles. You can add resistors, but that's just adding more bulk, so if all else fails, the bulb monitoring can be turned of with VCDS.

Back