T6.1 Aftermarket Headlight choices

Simon1983

Hi,

Has anyone used Vettura Lighting? Below is the bet listing title:

NEW - T6.1 Headlight Retrofit With LED DRL System - Vettura Lighting.

having recently bought our 6.1 I now understand the concerns about the standard headlights!

thanks
Simon

As a cheaper alternative can you not just change the standard bulbs for a higher intensity / 6000k type ?

Yes they probably do but in my T5.1 previously I just changed the bulbs to LED type (Travellin-Lite I recall) and that made a huge difference !

LED bulbs in reflector lights maybe brighter, but they scatter light all over the place.

Those Vettara ones are pretty expensive for what is basically a pair of cheap bi-projectors and HID kit retro-fitted into halogen reflector lights.

It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum that THQ are working on providing projector headlights for the 6.1. The T6 ones are excellent with the right choice of bulbs, so personally I'd wait for them.

LED bulbs in reflector lights maybe brighter, but they scatter light all over the place.

Those Vettara ones are pretty expensive for what is basically a pair of cheap bi-projectors and HID kit retro-fitted into halogen reflector lights.

It has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum that THQ are working on providing projector headlights for the 6.1. The T6 ones are excellent with the right choice of bulbs, so personally I'd wait for them.
I think I will wait and put better bulbs in the standard lights for now!

Anyone tried fitting these Transporter HQ LED bulbs to a standards factory fit H7 light in a 6.1 yet?

Their video implies they will work as retrofit on standard 6.1 lights, but their product info says its only for THQ lights, and I don’t think they make a headlight yet for the 6.1.

Anyone tried these out yet in a 6.1?

Anyone tried fitting these Transporter HQ LED bulbs to a standards factory fit H7 light in a 6.1 yet?

Their video implies they will work as retrofit on standard 6.1 lights, but their product info says its only for THQ lights, and I don’t think they make a headlight yet for the 6.1.

Did you get an answer ref the headlights, as I want to change mine.

Hi All,

Thought I would share with all those with halogens, as they are terrible:)...

I recently replaced the halogens in my T6.1 - fitted the H7 LED bulbs from THQ and H15 LED bulbs from xenon online.

Both work well with no warning lights or issues. The difference is amazing:)....

Cheers

Hi All,

I recently replaced the halogens in my T6.1 - fitted the H7 LED bulbs from THQ and H15 LED bulbs from xenon online.

Both work well with no warning lights or issues. The difference is amazing:)....

Cheers
Hi James,

Any chance you can post links to the ones you used?

Also, a quick synopsis of how to change them?

Thanks in advance.

BigDean.

Hi there,

No problem, links for the bulbs below:

Unfortunately I didn't fit them, they were fitted by a mechanic friend. He did say the bumper had to be removed to fit, but it wasn't a big job.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi there,

Unfortunately I didn't fit them, they were fitted by a mechanic friend. He did say the bumper had to be removed to fit, but it wasn't a big job.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks for that. ”bumper had to be removed” rules it out for me! Will discuss with my local friendly garage …..

Hi there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
They removed the bumper to fit Headlight bulbs? Why?

I changed mine without removing the bumper.

I fitted these from Amazon. Alot cheaper than most out there and I've had zero warning errors or issues with them. Been fitted 6 months now

Screenshot_20210214-130002_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: dj_
Hi All,

Cheers
How is the beam pattern? Any photos you can share?

I’d also be keen to know if anyone tried these bulbs in the standard T6.1 H7 headlights

Back