T6.1 Aftermarket Headlight choices

He might be liking them, but the people he is dazzling won’t be :uh run:
I actually tried a local Aussie brand LED H7 for my T6.1 today, and I thought the beam pattern was really good and didn't see much of a difference with the halogens.

I just found that it's a bit too bulky including the canbus to fit into the headlight housing. Really bummed.

What made me give it a go was they have a very good returns policy and that they claim they work really well with standard reflector headlights.

I might give them another go tomorrow :rolleyes:

6000k-Pure-White.jpg

They are really good. Although not had that much use of them yet as not done a great deal of night time driving!
Cool! Do they come with the canbus resistors already? And do you have matching H15 bulbs too for the main + DRL?

Anyone got an update on t6.1 headlight upgrades? I’ve joined the list of people that wished the upgrade was specced

I have offered on another thread to do the retrofit on a 6.1 for someone for free if they buy the headlights and associated parts, not aware of anyone having done one yet so can’t make any guarantees but if anyone is interested I would be interested in the discussion
I have already made a couple 6.1 prototype looms so install should be relatively straight forward ?

Hi can anyone help with this, has anyone here fitted the LED headlights onto there T6.1? If you have what do I need to get apart from the headlights? Thanks

Spoke to someone at transporter HQ today regarding upgrade headlights with DRL for T6.1 they said they will be available from the end of January, they've now posted some pics on there Facebook page for anyone interested, apologies if this has already been covered on here..

IMG_4831.PNG

I’d also be keen to know if anyone tried these bulbs in the standard T6.1 H7 headlights

stuck a set in mine yesterday, along with the full beam upgraded halogens

dont think i will need full beam again, as they are duller than the normal bloody lights!!!!!

no bulb warnings etc on dash after fitting, so hopefully all good

all i know is driving home last night, for the first time since december 2020 and 45k miles later, i can see where im going :)

bright as !!

Reactions: dj_
stuck a set in mine yesterday, along with the full beam upgraded halogens

dont think i will need full beam again, as they are duller than the normal bloody lights!!!!!

no bulb warnings etc on dash after fitting, so hopefully all good

all i know is driving home last night, for the first time since december 2020 and 45k miles later, i can see where im going :)

bright as !!
Nice! Is the beam pattern okay or is it scattering everywhere? I’d hate to have it cause glare to oncoming traffic

Nice! Is the beam pattern okay or is it scattering everywhere? I’d hate to have it cause glare to oncoming traffic

Not had any flashes yet
Could do with slight adjustment to not light up the verge as much

Spoke to someone at transporter HQ today regarding upgrade headlights with DRL for T6.1 they said they will be available from the end of January, they've now posted some pics on there Facebook page for anyone interested, apologies if this has already been covered on here..

View attachment 138930
Hi they will be available April/ May. Here are the lights on YouTube

Reactions: Ozi
That’s a very fair price I think. Def getting added to the list…..but not as far as the wife is concerned. Reckon I could change them and she wouldn’t even realise the difference!

Hi all. I’ve just had my T6.1 delivered and now regret not having the Led headlights. Does anyone know where I could buy them please? Genuine VW ones? Is VW commercial the only place to source them from?

Many Thanks in advance :)
Hi from Australia Two weels ago my LWB Transporter Van was delivered The worst head lights on the planet I sourced locally NARVA H 7 low beam LED headlights and then I found these for the DRL and High beam H15. They arrived in 5 days from UK and the headlights I now have are incredible No need for a light bar. All Aussie country roads here and this combination is just fantastic . Taking the grille out was easy but fitting the globes without removing the grille can also be done with small hands and a mirror You won't regret these two items Cheers AA

PS the staff at xenonsonline were fantastic on the phone like their lights BRILLIANT

Hi all. I’ve just had my T6.1 delivered and now regret not having the Led headlights. Does anyone know where I could buy them please? Genuine VW ones? Is VW commercial the only place to source them from?

Many Thanks in advance :)

Looks like we'll have to wait for someone to design the aftermarket ones! Set up the thread...I looked earlier for one and didn't see one!

Reactions: CAB
Back