T6.1 Retrofits Assistance

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
It seems no one has done any major retrofits on a 6.1 yet on the forum so i thought it about time i put it out there to offer my assistance

I would like to do a decent retrofit on a 6.1 and document the details/share it with the forum
Ideally i would like to do an LED headlight retrofit and/or a digital dash retrofit but also willing to do power latching or direct tpms etc etc

If anyone is interested in getting this done i would be happy to assist and will offer making of wiring looms and install for free (within reason), unfortunately you will have to buy the bits to do the job though !

This is obviously not going to be straight forward and would take a bit of logistics etc, i live in Plymouth so probably going to be a bit far for most people but if anyone is interested in getting any retrofits done to a 6.1 then feel free to comment below or send me a private message and we can try and figure out some costs etc and see if we can work something out ?

TPS for me please.

I would like the digital dash but don’t think it can be retrofitted to my van.

It can be retrofitted to any van but requires discover media headunit so if you dont already have sat nav it’s expensive
I will have a look at the prices tomorrow

I would like LED headlights fitted but don’t think there’s any available yet?

It can be retrofitted to any van but requires discover media headunit so if you dont already have sat nav it’s expensive
I will have a look at the prices tomorrow
Just had a thought. If it’s more convenient we can sort at Busfest.

It seems no one has done any major retrofits on a 6.1 yet on the forum so i thought it about time i put it out there to offer my assistance

I would like to do a decent retrofit on a 6.1 and document the details/share it with the forum
Ideally i would like to do an LED headlight retrofit and/or a digital dash retrofit but also willing to do power latching or direct tpms etc etc

If anyone is interested in getting this done i would be happy to assist and will offer making of wiring looms and install for free (within reason), unfortunately you will have to buy the bits to do the job though !

This is obviously not going to be straight forward and would take a bit of logistics etc, i live in Plymouth so probably going to be a bit far for most people but if anyone is interested in getting any retrofits done to a 6.1 then feel free to comment below or send me a private message and we can try and figure out some costs etc and see if we can work something out ?

I am interested. Would be great if you could give some ballpark figures for the systems you mention? Would love them all......

Thanks
BigDean

I am interested. Would be great if you could give some ballpark figures for the systems you mention? Would love them all......

Thanks
BigDean
I will need to sit down and go through parts lists etc, will see what I can come up with tomorrow

The dash isn’t a bad one just need to price up the parts

The dash would interest me as well. I’m not far away in Exeter so give me a shout when you know.

I'd be interested in the outcome of the dash upgrade. I'd offer my van but I've no idea when its going to arrive. Sometime next year I've been told..

Just looked at some ball park prices and i would estimate materials for complete LED headlight retrofit including the headlight levelling system (which is mandatory on 6.1 for headlights to work) is around £2700

Digital dash upgrade would require the vehicle to already have factory fitted discover media (satnav) headunit, think price is around £1400 but the instrument cluster needs a new gloss black surround so think most people would want to replace all dash trims with gloss so potential further cost there ?

Just to update those prices that would be including VAT as thats material cost of parts, if anyone is doing through a business they will be able to have the purchase invoices so for example LED headlights would be around £2250 + vat

Just looked at some ball park prices and i would estimate materials for complete LED headlight retrofit including the headlight levelling system (which is mandatory on 6.1 for headlights to work) is around £2700

Digital dash upgrade would require the vehicle to already have factory fitted discover media (satnav) headunit, think price is around £1400 but the instrument cluster needs a new gloss black surround so think most people would want to replace all dash trims with gloss so potential further cost there ?
Thanks @Pauly but I dont have the SatNav :-(

It can now be done on the lower model radio as I have just had it done

Back