this is the empty ride height:

20180427_115511.jpg

the clearance measurement empty:

20180427_134224.jpg

the rear empty:
20180427_134228.jpg

front empty:

20180427_134245.jpg

and the final result with the weight added for normal day use.

20180517_142208.jpg

I'm aiming for H&R ARB anyway but just wonder if the updated springs would be necessary? Or suggested.

Valuable personal feedback from @andys WRT H&R ARB’s here Vw T6 H&r Anti Roll Bars
It’s a very popular upgrade but £500?
I’ve adjusted by driving technique to smoother inputs and a chilled approach.
I’m also fitting Koni active shocks this month to go with my Sportline springs so interesting times ahead.

Hi all,

Just looking to buy my T6 to start my camper conversion. Found a T28 I really like but concerned regarding going over 2800kg. Does a full camper conversion with poptop get close to the limit?

Is there a physical difference between T28 and T30? Or is it possible have a T28 replaced?

Mine is a T28. Fully converted with pop top, fridge etc and loaded with all my stuff (inc bike) it hit the scales at 2680kg. This is only with me, or me plus granddaughter (in which case I can’t fit bike in) so if you’re carrying 4 people plus luggage then you could be sailing close to the wind. Saying that, when mine is fully loaded there is no space to fit anything in regardless of weight. If buying from scratch I’d probably go for a T30, but if you’ve already got a T28 I wouldn’t sweat it

Last edited:
By coincidence, I had my 2018 model T28 weighed last week. It's a bog standard side camper layout (if there is such a thing!) with a WestDubs roof and a Smartbed. With 1/2 a tank of diesel and a few other bits and bobs in it (but NOT my lardy 4rse), the weight came in at 2280Kg. My thoughts reflect those of Andy above

Great thank you both. Would be easier to just buy a T30 but really want DSG and twin sliders so not many about!

Just me and the wife and 6, 5 & 3 year olds so should come under the weight limits. If I buy the T28 will weigh it empty and keep track of what's going in

You can also get it replated to 3000kg if you ever needed the extra payload. Svtech.co.uk is a company that’s been used by a few people on here , and I’m pretty sure going from 2800 to 3000 is just a paperwork exercise with no need to change any parts.

T28 5 seats with 4 rugby players and my lard ars driving prob well in excess of 600kg (plus luggage) it will cope fine, put them all in a passenger car and no-one would care and it would still be fine. So a bit of camping gear should be OK

Last edited:
Back