Suspension sagging at the rear. What can I do?

@MEX72
Did you get your springs sorted?
We too have a T30 LWB with a saggy bum ( or lifted front end??)
What did you plump for in the end?
So far we swapped out our standard 16 inch rims for 18 inch and that alone has made a huge difference, so much so that I may just leave it for now. With the 16 inch rims the van drove like a van with a bit of roll, with the 18's its virtually sortedsorte out and drives more like a car, virtually no roll.

The sag really isnt such a distraction anymore (at least for now)
At the minute I'm a happy camper (excuse the
pun!) My current headache is which solar panel to get!! #clueless

I have a converted T32 now running on 40mm cobra springs all round and it suffers from rear end sag. Without going straight to the B14 route has anyone tried just refitting the original springs back onto the rear to try and level things up again?

Sorting the rear out is a little easier than changing the front . You need to firstly decide if the spring has sagged and the car is lower because of this . If this is the case then a sagged spring becomes softer , lower and softer spring with the additional conversion weight it wont get better , it can only get worse .

There are a few things you can do ,
1 fit spring spacers on rear . Measure how much higher the van needs to be at the rear and buy spacer to accommodate .
2 Try the standard spring and see if the rake still looks ok Ideally the rake should be 25 to 35 mm to the front
3 If the rear is too high after refitting original rear spring ( item 2 ) try the spring from a T 30 or T 28
4 Buy a quality lowering spring to suit the van and conversion

No need to go to B14 as they too battle with the hi weight on the rear of T 32 with mods

Ideally fit KONI special active or Sport shocks with H&R spring spec' d to suit you van with its mods

Too many un qualified people selling suspension kits here in Uk and results are poor sadly

let me know if you need more info .

Finally got chance to measure up, the rear sits 25-30mm lower than the front on the 40mm cobra springs so I'm going to try putting the stock springs back on the rear first in the hope that cures it.

Finally got chance to measure up, the rear sits 25-30mm lower than the front on the 40mm cobra springs so I'm going to try putting the stock springs back on the rear first in the hope that cures it.
Just checking where you are measuring these figures . It must be on the sill line below the door measure behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel .
Don't measure Arch gaps that doesn't give us an accurate Rake angle !!!

Thanks for the info.

I've just refitted the stock springs to the rear and left the 40mm drop cobra's on the front. The van now has a 25-30mm rake to the front, haven't driven it a huge amount yet but first impression is more positive cornering and steering feedback and much improved traction under acceleration.
The plus side is it only cost labour to have them changed, and the vehicle stance still looks good.

Yes the transfer of weight to the front by lifting the rear will indeed make the steering more positive and definitely help traction which in turn helps under steer
Nice one !

Hi all,
I have a brand new T6.1.
I wanted to keep the suspension standard as I'm very happy with the ride.
I specced "upgraded" rear suspension from the factory to try and deal with rear sag.
The picture attached is of my van fully loaded on a flat surface. I know it doesn't look terrible, but I would prefer it to be equal front and rear.
I measured the distance from the wheel arch to centre cap, and it's between 20 and 25mm difference depending on how level the ground is.
I'm thinking of maybe some sort of suspension spacer for the rear?
Question is, does this mess with the ride, and does it mess with the warranty.
If anything, I will be putting more weight into the van in the future by about 40 or 50kg so it could end up sagging more noticably if I don't sort it out.
Many thanks

IMG_1314.jpegIMG_1298.jpeg

Could you maybe redistribute some of the weight further towards the front axle? Looks like a lot of the weight is towards the rear and is lifting the front end!

Hey Peter, I have the bulk of the weight towards the front as much as possible already unfortunately.

Hi all,
I have a brand new T6.1.
I wanted to keep the suspension standard as I'm very happy with the ride.
I specced "upgraded" rear suspension from the factory to try and deal with rear sag.
The picture attached is of my van fully loaded on a flat surface. I know it doesn't look terrible, but I would prefer it to be equal front and rear.
I measured the distance from the wheel arch to centre cap, and it's between 20 and 25mm difference depending on how level the ground is.
I'm thinking of maybe some sort of suspension spacer for the rear?
Question is, does this mess with the ride, and does it mess with the warranty.
If anything, I will be putting more weight into the van in the future by about 40 or 50kg so it could end up sagging more noticably if I don't sort it out.
Many thanks

View attachment 104849View attachment 104850
What is your Van? T28/T30/T32??
You could change the rear springs to T32 springs if not already.

looks you might need the T32 rear springs?

to deal with the extra weight?

Back