T30 lwb highline suspension problems

Djflex2005

Hi and thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
I have recently bought a 2016 t30 lwb camper conversion. It has 20” rims all round with 255’s up front and 275”s at the back. Suspension in lowered all round on coil overs. These were fitted by the previous owner about 3-4 years ago.
I think there solow, pale blue in colour and I’m pretty sure I could make out a solow sticker on the rear shocks.
The van was pretty low when I got it (too low to be practical for me) so I have raised it up an inch or 2 after freeing up the adjusters.
The problem I have is the ride it’s awful. It handles well, but you feel every single rut or stone in the road and it’s doing my nut in. I’ve tried playing about with the tyres pressures between 35-45psi but it doesn’t make much difference.
I love the van to bits but it’s my daily and is just really uncomfortable to drive about in unless your on nice smooth roads.
Unsure where to turn and wondered how much is down to the suspension and how much is the low profile tyres.
I love the low look but not at the cost of the ride quality and comfort.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated 4bc12db2-cea5-4175-8398-79ef55332ea6.jpeg

Well, it does look really nice, must be similar to wearing high heels for girls.

Good luck, it will be so satisfying when you sort it out. My caravelle felt a lot better after getting better shocks from CRS but I only lowered it from standard se height to exec height.

Cheers

Toby

Hi and thanks in advance to anyone who helps!
I have recently bought a 2016 t30 lwb camper conversion. It has 20” rims all round with 255’s up front and 275”s at the back. Suspension in lowered all round on coil overs. These were fitted by the previous owner about 3-4 years ago.
I think there solow, pale blue in colour and I’m pretty sure I could make out a solow sticker on the rear shocks.
The van was pretty low when I got it (too low to be practical for me) so I have raised it up an inch or 2 after freeing up the adjusters.
The problem I have is the ride it’s awful. It handles well, but you feel every single rut or stone in the road and it’s doing my nut in. I’ve tried playing about with the tyres pressures between 35-45psi but it doesn’t make much difference.
I love the van to bits but it’s my daily and is just really uncomfortable to drive about in unless your on nice smooth roads.
Unsure where to turn and wondered how much is down to the suspension and how much is the low profile tyres.
I love the low look but not at the cost of the ride quality and comfort.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated View attachment 233166
SoLow shocks are usually black, pale blue shocks are more likely to be cheap van slams or bluebird etc which would explain the poor ride. Can you get a photo of them to share? SoLow have 4 different coil over kits and are the best riding kits on the market for any ride height from +35mm to -125mm.

20s with the tyres you have can be comfortable, you just need the right suspension. There are such good suspension options out there that wheel/tyre choice doesn’t need to be a worry. The right suspension will ride well with 20s.

Feel free to DM us if you would like to discuss this further. We can recommend something that would work for you, whatever your goals.

The rear looks very low in that pic.
Is it an option to borrow a set of 16"s or 17"s to check if that gives acceptable comfort?

Well, it does look really nice, must be similar to wearing high heels for girls.

Good luck, it will be so satisfying when you sort it out. My caravelle felt a lot better after getting better shocks from CRS but I only lowered it from standard se height to exec height.

Cheers

Toby

SoLow shocks are usually black, pale blue shocks are more likely to be cheap van slams or bluebird etc which would explain the poor ride. Can you get a photo of them to share? SoLow have 4 different coil over kits and are the best riding kits on the market for any ride height from +35mm to -125mm.

20s with the tyres you have can be comfortable, you just need the right suspension. There are such good suspension options out there that wheel/tyre choice doesn’t need to be a worry. The right suspension will ride well with 20s.

Feel free to DM us if you would like to discuss this further. We can recommend something that would work for you, whatever your goals.
That’s great thank you for the reply, I might be wrong on the suspension type as I’ve been doing so much reading since looking under the van my brains got cerfuffled!
I will get it back over the pit in the week and message you.
Thanks again

Ok so had a look under the van today and @The Van Cave was right. The suspension is van slam. The rear springs look pants and coil bound.
I don’t want to go mega low, so I’m guessing solows would be the way forward?

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Chris @The Van Cave for sorting me out with a set of solows, new rear spring spacers and heavy duty top mounts. The ride has been transformed and I’m over the moon with it.

Back